TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedlawstudent

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 28, 2021
    So I just got an invite to do the Eversheds Sutherland video interview. The email doesn't say when I have to do it by. But it is so close to christmas so I am really busy and will be going away in a few days, and won't be back until 30 december. What should I do? I don't want to have to do it tomorrow because that doesn't give me enough time to prepare. Should I email and ask when I need to do it? I feel like since it is so close to christmas, they wouldn't expect anyone to do it at this time right?

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    I know I have asked this too much, but does anyone know what is going on for HL. Haven’t received anything regarding Lift Off, when I saw offers and rejections released last week. So frustrated ugh
    From personal experience with the WVS application, I did not receive a rejection for a couple of months post-WG. They essentially told me that I was borderline. Guessing the same might apply to you? So you might not be a yes or a no yet, but a maybe :)

So I just got an invite to do the Eversheds Sutherland video interview. The email doesn't say when I have to do it by. But it is so close to christmas so I am really busy and will be going away in a few days, and won't be back until 30 december. What should I do? I don't want to have to do it tomorrow because that doesn't give me enough time to prepare. Should I email and ask when I need to do it? I feel like since it is so close to christmas, they wouldn't expect anyone to do it at this time right?
    You may get a second email with the link. You have 5 days to complete it.

Reactions: BeGrateful.101

BeGrateful.101

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 1, 2021
    Attended an applications event with Latham and the grad rec manager said you’ll need to meet a benchmark before your app is reviewed
    Did they mention any strengths they particularly look for? The report from the assessment doesn't really give us any marks except for our Top strengths.

Last edited:

lawyering

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 29, 2020
    Did they mention any strengths they particularly look for? The report from the assessment doesn't really give us any marks expect for our Top strengths.
    So they didn’t mention anything about particular strengths, but I also think this test isn’t used like Linklaters’ CAPP test. I think it’s just about getting the response rankings correct/as many as possible

lawyering

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 29, 2020
    Thank you for the info! Will we get to know whether our application passes the benchmark?
    I don’t recall this being mentioned at the event and can’t locate my report from last year. I also don’t recall anything about meeting/not meeting a benchmark (but that could have changed this year)

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Does anyone know if Latham's test needs to be completed by their application deadline? My application is nearly ready, however, I would like to come back to it in a few days with fresh eyes before sending it. Also, if it needs to be completed before the deadline, how long do they take to send the test? TIA

Reactions: bibss
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.