TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Has anyone had experience working as paralegal at HSF?
    I’ve read the really bad reviews on glassdoor and it makes me quite anxious and uncomfortable to work there! especially the news around harassment etc..
    I spoke to a paralegal in their corporate team and that person said to me they let all paralegals leave at 5:30 as they have a rule to not make paralegals stay longer than that unless the partner insists it is urgent work.

Ambs123

Legendary Member
    Feb 19, 2021
    Does anyone know any firms that don’t have a video interview as part of their application process? But also have a deadline for the end of Jan? I feel like video interviews will be a key reason to why I won’t get a vac scheme this year :/

LJ

Distinguished Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    I have a CMS VI coming up. Any tips/advice? I am quite bad at VI's and find them nerve-racking.
    Practice by filming yourself in your webcam and get someone to throw questions at you. Allow yourself 1 minute to think and 1 minute to answer. This helps iron out the little flaws you have (not looking at camera etc) + gives you confidence. Well it did for me anyway :)

Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Legendary Member
  • Nov 26, 2019
    I spoke to a paralegal in their corporate team and that person said to me they let all paralegals leave at 5:30 as they have a rule to not make paralegals stay longer than that unless the partner insists it is urgent work.
    Hey! Thanks for your response. oh okay. So you would say they might have work life balance. Also, sorry to ask but Do you know roughly how much the salary is for HSF paralegals?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hey! Thanks for your response. oh okay. So you would say they might have work life balance. Also, sorry to ask but Do you know roughly how much the salary is for HSF paralegals?
    I t would be high like £20 per hour I am guessing as I worked at a magic circle law firm and a paralegal salary was roughly in that region.

patternteddybear

Esteemed Member
    Jan 4, 2023
    Does anyone know any firms that don’t have a video interview as part of their application process? But also have a deadline for the end of Jan? I feel like video interviews will be a key reason to why I won’t get a vac scheme this year :/
    i also struggle with video interviews so i went through all of the firms and created a list of those without video interviews. you might want to consider firms such as Travers Smith, Pinsent Masons and TLT

Reactions: Ambs123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.