TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Pinsent Masons they ask you for your preferred locations and say you can pick a maximum of 3.
However, it does not state that the way you list them is the order of preference.
Would putting down 3 options increase my chances over putting down just the one office? Or do I just put the one office I want. I don't wanna be shipped out to Brum lol.

Also, if they ask for school education but don't specify whether to include GCSEs, are they still expecting me to put them down?

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
For Pinsent Masons they ask you for your preferred locations and say you can pick a maximum of 3.
However, it does not state that the way you list them is the order of preference.
Would putting down 3 options increase my chances over putting down just the one office? Or do I just put the one office I want. I don't wanna be shipped out to Brum lol.

Also, if they ask for school education but don't specify whether to include GCSEs, are they still expecting me to put them down?
Unsure if it'll increase your chances, however, PM do let you complete a seat in another UK office, so I imagine they're fairly flexible re which office you end up in anyway. I'd probably just put down the office that you'd happily work at for 2 years, and try and get a seat in another office if you want to try another location. Also, the firm seems big enough that they'll probably take everyone that they want, even if it's a few people over their target, so don't worry too much about 'increasing your chances'.

I put down my GCSEs - I think it said something like 'all results'? And I thought that they'd just discard them if they didn't need them.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

Only put the locations you are actually willing to work in (and beyond the training contract).

I doubt they need to know your GCSEs but if your grades are ok - I would include them any way.

lawstudent0303

Distinguished Member
Dec 8, 2022
Is anyone's Latham SJT results link no longer working? I just randomly clicked on it to check my given competencies, and the page no longer exists! I haven't yet received a VI, so I'm thinking that this could mean a rejection?
I can still see mine! I haven't received a VI either. I think it might just be a systematic error, might be worth re-checking in a bit

• 🤝
Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
I can still see mine! I haven't received a VI either. I think it might just be a systematic error, might be worth re-checking in a bit
Mine just says 'welcome to the written exercise', and that my feedback report link has expired. I can request a new link, however, I'm unsure if that would seem a bit weird since I don't really need the report, and I would only do so to compare my competencies to people who got through!

lawstudent0303

Distinguished Member
Dec 8, 2022
Mine just says 'welcome to the written exercise', and that my feedback report link has expired. I can request a new link, however, I'm unsure if that would seem a bit weird since I don't really need the report, and I would only do so to compare my competencies to people who got through!
Maybe its a good sign that it says welcome to the written exercise!! I don't think comparing competencies would be indicative of anything anyways, so personally I wouldn't ask for a new link. Please keep me updated and good luck with all your applications :)

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
Does anyone have any insight into Dentons’ new process? It seems like they have replaced the WG with a new test + VI questions, and the stage after that is another VI (not a telephone interview)?
I don't know if you've done the test/VI yet but I just found out there are two different application process pages on the Dentons site with different info.

If you're doing a vacation scheme you probably got an email asking you to do the assessment and VI. That's seems to be stage 2 & 3 of the application process sent in one go. The online assesment doesn't seem to contain a VI in itself, so think it will be overall one VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.