TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lllaaawww098

Valued Member
Oct 14, 2022
Is White & Case on a rolling basis? Their deadline is in 5 days and I don't know if I should give it a shot and write an app

Also if anyone has heard from them, please let me know so I can try and figure out if it's worth it

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
For the question "How have you developed your skills and interest in the profession through your non-academic experiences?", talking about skills is fairly standard, but I'm unsure how to talk about my 'interest in the profession'. My only legal experience is a vac scheme, and I've used this elsewhere in my application. Can I talk about an experience where I've used similar skills to those required by a lawyer, and link these to my interest in the profession? @Jessica Booker . Thanks in advance :)
Think about any books you've read, university societies you've been part of, webinars/movies/documentaries/podcasts you've tuned into, any events you've attended, blogs you've written, conversations you've had etc. that have helped develop your interest. As Jessica said, you'll have think a bit broadly and don't be afraid to talk about experiences that you think don't look as impressive as a vac scheme! These experiences can tend to matter to your journey just as much, if not more.

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2020
I actually took your and another friend's advice and bought a package. Tbh I FELT the same! it is wrong sometimes and wasnt helpful at all for me.
No it does teach the theory for each section well. Also, most resources on the internet for WG don't offer feedback or tell you what was wrong so its good in that sense too. But the questions are a bit same same as they keep on cropping up and they aren't quite as hard as WG in the real test I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.