TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

RB2022

Valued Member
Sep 28, 2022
which one? im sure it went okay dont stress and dont be too hard on yourself, you come this far, its already an achievement in itself
Linklaters…it was brutal. Two interviews back to back with hardly any rest time in between (this varies with the structure you’ve been assigned, I just happened to be given the worst so I was interviewed pretty much two hours in a row).

Also, everyone came out of the case study interview saying “that was horrible” 😂. It’s very intensive and there were a lot of questions where I simply said “I don’t know”.

Both the HR and case study interviewers were incredibly lovely and did their best to help out when I was stuck, I also feel that we had good conversations not related to the AC but definitely feel that it’s gonna be a PFO.

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
Linklaters…it was brutal. Two interviews back to back with hardly any rest time in between (this varies with the structure you’ve been assigned, I just happened to be given the worst so I was interviewed pretty much two hours in a row).

Also, everyone came out of the case study interview saying “that was horrible” 😂. It’s very intensive and there were a lot of questions where I simply said “I don’t know”.

Both the HR and case study interviewers were incredibly lovely and did their best to help out when I was stuck, I also feel that we had good conversations not related to the AC but definitely feel that it’s gonna be a PFO.
Hang in there. Take a well-deserved break today. It sounds cheesy but be kind to yourself! Write out some positive affirmations when you feel ready and repeat these to yourself each morning/evening because it does work (in shifting mindsets).

And who knows, you might just get that vac scheme!

RB2022

Valued Member
Sep 28, 2022
Hang in there. Take a well-deserved break today. It sounds cheesy but be kind to yourself! Write out some positive affirmations when you feel ready and repeat these to yourself each morning/evening because it does work (in shifting mindsets).

And who knows, you might just get that vac scheme!
Haha, part of the day includes a trainee meet and greet and the trainee I talked to said the same thing - that she had bombed the case study interview but still got the TC offer.

I’m honestly just glad it’s over and that I can move on. This was my first AC ever so I didn’t have high expectations anyway 😅

Thank you for your lovely words though! I am definitely ready to unwind and try to put this experience out of my mind for the time being.

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
Haha, part of the day includes a trainee meet and greet and the trainee I talked to said the same thing - that she had bombed the case study interview but still got the TC offer.

I’m honestly just glad it’s over and that I can move on. This was my first AC ever so I didn’t have high expectations anyway 😅

Thank you for your lovely words though! I am definitely ready to unwind and try to put this experience out of my mind for the time being.
Best of luck! Crossed fingers for you :)

• Love
Reactions: RB2022

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    I think for HL you just need to pass, then they'll read your application.
    I was campus ambassador for Hogan Lovells and they told us to tell students that they consider the application holistically alongside the test. To me this says that even if you get lower than a ‘pass’ mark you still have a shot. This leads me to think the pass mark they give is more of a guideline of what to aim for to be looked upon favourably. Though I am obviously not a grad rec member so don’t take this as gospel!

D

daisy_yawn

Yeah I did the Links AC last year and the case study was so technical my brain felt fried

D

Deleted member 24543

Has anyone heard back from EY at all? Submitted my application in October HAHA at this point I'm just waiting for the rejection, though I've heard multiple people say they've still not heard back either?

newtothis

Star Member
  • Jan 2, 2022

I had a Linklaters AC too and I think I flopped my partner interview and written case study assessment too. I'm really trying to stay positive, but I'm shook.

• 🤝
    Reactions: RB2022 and Uvaia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.