TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollss

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hi guys! I had a bit of commercial question regarding the drop in M&A deals. We’ve seen how this affected Goldman Sachs, but what kind of effect will this have on law firms?

Reactions: yasmars

imdeded

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2022
congrats for this! Can i ask you how was your second interview at gibson? what article did you get?
very conversational and chill interview, article was a random ft article but we only ended up talking about it for 5 minutes before moving on to a 20 min discussion about BLM and my political views lmfao (the partner for the article interview didn't even show up), but it depends on who interviews you for sure

Reactions: yasmars
very conversational and chill interview, article was a random ft article but we only ended up talking about it for 5 minutes before moving on to a 20 min discussion about BLM and my political views lmfao (the partner for the article interview didn't even show up), but it depends on who interviews you for sure
Loooool no way this is real. Law firms are hideously woke. Hiring someone based on their political views 🚩

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Loooool no way this is real. Law firms are hideously woke. Hiring someone based on their political views 🚩
It won’t be about their political views, it will be more about how they can talk and discuss matters that impact them and their clients business. Being “woke” or not (absolutely hate that term, but to coin your phrase) has numerous implications for how both law firms and their clients operate. Even billion dollar investments have “wokeness” on some level written into their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.