TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Has anyone used any informal language (unintendedly) during an interview and progressed to the next stage? I said 'you know' twice or more during my RS VI. 🥲
I did so in a final stage interview last year and got the vac scheme offer :) don't worry about it! They know that we're human! And it also shows that you haven't rehearsed your answer :)

bravegirl

Standard Member
Feb 13, 2022
Do we have to answer the practice Q? I never bother to do so tbh
I highly recommend answering the practice q. It helps you loosen up and think about all the good things in life before attempting emotionally charged interview questions 😆

On a serious note though - it shows personality, positive attitude, and helps the interviewer determine your baseline. It’s always good practice to build rapport with them using non-assessed q’s. They are humans after all behind the screen!

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    I highly recommend answering the practice q. It helps you loosen up and think about all the good things in life before attempting emotionally charged interview questions 😆

On a serious note though - it shows personality, positive attitude, and helps the interviewer determine your baseline. It’s always good practice to build rapport with them using non-assessed q’s. They are humans after all behind the screen!
    Oh gosh !! I didn't realise firms see practice/non-asssed answers - I did one for Willkie or BM the other day and just used it as a practice re starting recording etc ... I think I only said a sentence!

• 🤝
    Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Oh gosh !! I didn't realise firms see practice/non-asssed answers - I did one for Willkie or BM the other day and just used it as a practice re starting recording etc ... I think I only said a sentence!
    I assumed this too - pretty sure one of the platforms has previously said 'dw this isn't viewed by the firm' or something?

Edit: I've sung a practice answer before to get a feel for my microphone and how loudly I needed to speak.. I got through anyway..

bravegirl

Standard Member
    Feb 13, 2022
    I wouldn’t worry too much! 🤗 Especially if they explicitly say it’s practice/non-assessed . They just want to see how you behave normally. It’s totally human to blurt out something awkward or make weird faces 😁

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.