TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurecitylawyer00

Mar 3, 2022
Hello everyone,

I had a problem with my English SIM card and only got it back last night so I am not able to see any missed calls or messages. I am panicking because I am wondering whether Taylor Wessing called me yesterday and I missed it… should I email graduate recruitment? Or will they send me an email in case the call didn’t go through and notify me? My biggest fear at the moment is if that occurred, they just might be like “okay unavailable let’s move on with other candidates”.

I would appreciate any advice!!!

kokothemagicdragon

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 23, 2021
    Hello everyone,

I had a problem with my English SIM card and only got it back last night so I am not able to see any missed calls or messages. I am panicking because I am wondering whether Taylor Wessing called me yesterday and I missed it… should I email graduate recruitment? Or will they send me an email in case the call didn’t go through and notify me? My biggest fear at the moment is if that occurred, they just might be like “okay unavailable let’s move on with other candidates”.

They would definitely email you imo, it would be really silly and weird for them to give an AC spot to another applicant if they have one who is more qualified. It is unreasonable to expect you to pick up the phone a 100% of the time

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    For people who have completed links interview and received an outcome, did your portal shows interview review done as well? Or it will just stay at the interview stage?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello everyone,

Unless you are at a final interview stage, everything is likely to be via email. If it is that you are waiting for an outcome from a final interview, they will likely email you as well as call.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I stuttered and made some slight mistakes, before quickly correcting myself in an interview today :’(

Are firms understanding of nerves or would they see this as a weakness? @Jessica Booker I don’t usually stutter but this was my first interview (unfortunately for a firm I really wanted to work for)
    Firms can take nerves into account and generally recognise that they won’t always be there after the recruitment process. This is particularly not an issue if your communication gets stronger as the interview progresses or if it’s an assessment centre and you have had multiple interactions with people, they have seen stronger communication in other assessments.

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD and valiberti

valiberti

Jul 22, 2022
    Firms can take nerves into account and generally recognise that they won’t always be there after the recruitment process. This is particularly not an issue if your communication gets stronger as the interview progresses or if it’s an assessment centre and you have had multiple interactions with people, they have seen stronger communication in other assessments.
    Thank you! I feel more at ease now :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.