TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattyasha

Distinguished Member
Jan 15, 2023
has anyone else applied to Sidley Austin?
hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on feeling a sort of "imposter" syndom/ feeling like you are not really worthy of being there.

I have AC's with Milbank and K&E this week and a quick google of "future trainee at x" shows that the vast vast majority are top oxbridge students. I know you should not compare yourself to other applicants but how can one not notice it and also notice how slim your chances are?
I am no authority on this whatsoever but, for what it’s worth, I’d say kick that thought out the door. You’ve applied and these firms want to see you in full knowledge of your background. They wouldn’t be wasting their time if they had no intention of hiring you so you’ve just as much right to be there as anyone else. Give that imposter a PFO and go show ‘em what you’re made of 💪🏻

• 🏆
Reactions: HLL, sxw517, Dib31 and 4 others

lawstudent22

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2022
hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on feeling a sort of "imposter" syndom/ feeling like you are not really worthy of being there.

I have AC's with Milbank and K&E this week and a quick google of "future trainee at x" shows that the vast vast majority are top oxbridge students. I know you should not compare yourself to other applicants but how can one not notice it and also notice how slim your chances are?
Something my uni career advisor said to me really helped when I kept putting down my chances of having a successful interview. She told me that if I've made it to an interview / AC then I've already met the criteria to be hired by that firm. They won't take you through to those stages if they don't seriously consider you as a candidate for that job. You have just as good a chance at those ACs as anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.