Status
Not open for further replies.

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Is there any point applying to Hogan Lovells if i don’t have excellent GCSE/A levels ?
    If you don't have mitigating circumstances and your grades are lower than what they ask for, it may be worth investing your time into another firm.

If they don't ask for particular grades, your grades meet their minimum requirements, or you have mitigating circumstances, it is definitely worth applying to Hogan Lovells, especially if this a firm you really like.

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2023
    If you don't have mitigating circumstances and your grades are lower than what they ask for, it may be worth investing your time into another firm.

If they don't ask for particular grades, your grades meet their minimum requirements, or you have mitigating circumstances, it is definitely worth applying to Hogan Lovells, especially if this a firm you really like.
    Hogan care about GCSEs?

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on feeling a sort of "imposter" syndom/ feeling like you are not really worthy of being there.

I have AC's with Milbank and K&E this week and a quick google of "future trainee at x" shows that the vast vast majority are top oxbridge students. I know you should not compare yourself to other applicants but how can one not notice it and also notice how slim your chances are?

Last edited:
    • 🏆
    Reactions: sxw517, yasmars and F12M34L

kokothemagicdragon

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 23, 2021
    hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has any advise on feeling a sort of "imposter" syndom/ feeling like you are not really worthy of being there.

I have AC's with Milbank and K&E this week and a quick google of "future trainee at x" shows that the vast vast majority are top oxbridge students. I know you should not compare yourself to other applicants but how can one not notice it and also notice how slim your chances are?
    I try and remember that academic excellence doesn’t necessarily correlate with transactional trainee excellence. There are a lot of other intangible traits which one may argue you develop better at lesser unis/different paths of life which are more useful in your TC! And if you have been invited, you are anyway (somewhat) equal in the eyes of the recruitment team it’s then just up to you to show them that you are just as good if not better because of x,y,z reasons!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.