TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginevrafanshawe

• Aug 12, 2022
    Goodwin interview invite! (Zoom interview, 1h)

Applied 4/1/23 (on the deadline) and heard back today.

Does anyone know if this is the final stage? Their website says that after the written application, "If your application is progressed, we will invite you to attend an interview and take a written assessment." So it sounds like the interview and written assessment are a combined final stage rather than two separate stages after the written application?

hopefulfuturetrainee24

Jan 17, 2023
    Has anyone heard anything from any of these firms? I cant see anything on the forums at all!
    - Irwin Mitchell (post VI)
    - Osborne Clarke (post tests)
    - Forsters
    - Trowers and Hamlins
    - Pinsent Masons
    I haven’t heard back from Irwin Mitchell post VI. However I have a friend that did a summer vac scheme with them and she said she didn’t hear back for months and months after the VI. I think she said it was February.

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 11, 2021
    @Jessica Booker I attended a remote AC recently. I was supposed to join a 15-minute Zoom call right after my associate/HR interview. However my internet crashed right after the interview - I panicked for a bit and by the time I got it back up the 15 minutes was up. I emailed grad rec after apologising for this and told them that I am happy to reschedule a 15-minute call with the trainee at another time - they haven't gotten back to me since.

I can't help but feel super guilty for wasting their time and that a trainee was probably waiting on a call for 15 minutes but I didn't show up. Would this have any effect on how my performance at AC is reviewed?

Also, out of curiosity, at ACs firms usually let us have interaction with trainees either through a Q&A (or if in person, usually an office tour). What exactly is the point of this — is it just to help candidates feel a bit more settled and is genuinely un-assessed, or does this get fed into the assessment process in any way (e.g. will they ask trainees for feedback re whether the candidate said or did smth that would come across as rude/uninterested/unenthusiastic)? Or is this completely firm-dependent?

axbg

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 5, 2023
    Goodwin interview invite! (Zoom interview, 1h)

Applied 4/1/23 (on the deadline) and heard back today.

Does anyone know if this is the final stage? Their website says that after the written application, "If your application is progressed, we will invite you to attend an interview and take a written assessment." So it sounds like the interview and written assessment are a combined final stage rather than two separate stages after the written application?
    congrats! when did you apply?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.