TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 3, 2022
Does anyone has any tips for intray exercises? I've seen lots of people saying that there weren't enough time, any advice on how to split the time? Thank you in advance!

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    On one of my application portals, it used to say my VI was ‘complete’ and now that section doesn’t say ‘reviewed’ or ‘complete’. Does that mean pfo? Has anyone experienced this before and passed onto the next stage?😭

jnice

Distinguished Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Hi - wondering if anyone has advice for a face to face interview? I have only done virtual ACs so any advice is appreciated! <3
    Take a breath before the interview, listen to the q being asked e.g., if asked, tell about a time when you worked in a team & a team member was disruptive - answer the q in its entirety, don’t just focus on the fact that it’s about teamwork. If needed, take a min to think about your answer. Do a mock interview, I did one before each of my ACs which were really helpful in identifying what I needed to improve on. Hope this helps!

BonanzaBih_

Esteemed Member
    Jan 17, 2023
    @Jessica Booker Hi Jessica! I'm aware that for the Freshfields summer vacation scheme, there will be a training contract interview that's conducted to then convert that vac scheme into a TC right? Do you have any idea if that training contract interview would be conducted in the final week of the vac scheme or after the vac scheme ends? I'm not sure if it's safe for me to book a flight home!
    Generally I’ve gathered that the TC interviews always happen towards the end of the vac scheme if that helps!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker Hi Jessica! I'm aware that for the Freshfields summer vacation scheme, there will be a training contract interview that's conducted to then convert that vac scheme into a TC right? Do you have any idea if that training contract interview would be conducted in the final week of the vac scheme or after the vac scheme ends? I'm not sure if it's safe for me to book a flight home!
    From my experience, they used to schedule it the last week of the vacation scheme - usually the last Wed/Thurs. I am sure if it was done after the scheme they could do it remotely if needed though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.