Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Dont know if this is a dumb q or not but what do you guys bring to a face to face interview? Can I use my notes during the case study prep etc?

I would expect you wouldn’t be allowed to bring notes into a case study unless you were told you could research it ahead of the assessment centre. I am not sure having any notes would be helpful anyway.

Reactions: jennifer

mdoeslaw

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 9, 2023
    Quick q: how do you put forward a news article? I'm aware that sometimes you're advised to not show all your cards or like display all your knowledge given they'll likely have follow up qs, but how would you generally present it? Also wanted to ask if its ok to focus on smt other than law related like for eg tech? thank you !!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Quick q: how do you put forward a news article? I'm aware that sometimes you're advised to not show all your cards or like display all your knowledge given they'll likely have follow up qs, but how would you generally present it? Also wanted to ask if its ok to focus on smt other than law related like for eg tech? thank you !!
    I don’t think it’s a case of not showing all your knowledge (I don’t agree with that advice), but it is about answering the question/instructions. The risk of showing all your knowledge is waffling/being unclear.

mdoeslaw

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 9, 2023
    I don’t think it’s a case of not showing all your knowledge (I don’t agree with that advice), but it is about answering the question/instructions. The risk of showing all your knowledge is waffling/being unclear.
    so if they perhaps just phrased the question as discussing a recent news story that you found interesting, how much depth would you recommend going into?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    so if they perhaps just phrased the question as discussing a recent news story that you found interesting, how much depth would you recommend going into?
    A 2-3 minute summary of the story and its key points. They can always ask follow up questions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.