Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
In SJTs, some questions have a scale that we drag along and stop on where our answer is. Does it matter where in the scale we have specifically dragged too? Or does it only matter which side of the scale we are closest to? I hope that makes sense
Technically both matter and both will be what you will be assessed on.

Reactions: Law Student

Lord Sumption

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 11, 2022
    also how many days do we have to complete the VI for Simmons once they send us the link?
    This is from the email I got:

You will have 10 calendar days from tomorrow to complete the assessment. It is important that you let us know of any difficulties you may have completing the tests as soon as possible and within the 10 day deadline. We are unable to extend the deadline once it has passed.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Phoebe123451

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    This is from the email I got:

You will have 10 calendar days from tomorrow to complete the assessment. It is important that you let us know of any difficulties you may have completing the tests as soon as possible and within the 10 day deadline. We are unable to extend the deadline once it has passed.
    Oh wow thank you!! Didn't expect 10 days!

Reactions: Lord Sumption

Autotunedbird

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 15, 2021
    When a firm does not have a word count limit for a question, what word limit should aim to limit yourself to? (I'm also going to email the firm just in case but worried about how quickly they'll reply to me)

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Hi, hope everyone is doing well, got my fingers crossed for you all for the coming week!

Has anyone has done a Goodwin telephone interview (TI), or been progressed to AC previously at Goodwin, have any advice? I’d really really appreciate it - feel free to DM me if so!

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker will asking grad recruitment about the progress of an application ever jeopardise an application (I dont want to give them a reason to reject me if they feel like im 'rushing' them). I applied mid-late december for a firm but have heard nothing.,
    Only if you do it persistently or if you are rude about it.

In these situations, the first question I get people to ask themselves is do you need to find out (eg so you can plan other things) or do you want to find out (for peace of mind). If the latter, I’d generally avoid asking if you can. If finding out influences other things you will do, then it is fine to ask.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.