TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah T

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    Hi - re Simmons & Simmons does this mean they have offered all AC places?
    This is their wording to me:
    Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications, we are now at capacity for our Summer Vacation Scheme and are unable to progress your application to the next stage of our assessment process. Regrettably, we cannot transfer your application to another scheme.

adamBS

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2021
    Has anyone who applied to Shoosmiths not received an invite to do the strengths test? I notice a lot of people saying they have and was wondering if this was actually the next step or whether it just runs concurrently.

LawBrah

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 15, 2023
    Has anyone who applied to Shoosmiths not received an invite to do the strengths test? I notice a lot of people saying they have and was wondering if this was actually the next step or whether it just runs concurrently.
    Pretty sure they get every single candidate to do the test. Worth checking your spam folder or on the portal. If not there then I would deffo email them.

adamBS

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2021
    Pretty sure they get every single candidate to do the test. Worth checking your spam folder or on the portal. If not there then I would deffo email them.
    Ah yeah sorry should have clarified - I have done the test but wanted to see if that was genuinely the next stage or whether they just view it holistically. But thanks!

Anonlawyer1090

Standard Member
    Feb 5, 2022
    so one official Travers interview - has anyone else heard from them?

I'm 85% sure its a pfo because I stupidly only wrote 350 words (used other successful apps as a guide), but I managed to pack a lot into that space and I do think it wasn't a bad attempt....ugh god this cycle is really killing me
    I have also just received a call confirming I got through to interview :)

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    Thanks - I am super confused as have not had PFO yet from Simmons and Simmons post VI. But now have they filled all their spots?
    I’m sure they’ll be getting in contact with everyone soon but I wouldn’t assume you won’t get through until they confirm it - you don’t know where your app is in their process.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.