TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
How did it go? I got an AC coming up and I’m trying to convince myself that it’ll be fun just so I don’t feel as nervous 😭 I’m probably lying to myself though
Quite honestly I really did have fun! I don't know what firm your AC is with, might be a different experience but try to just be in the process. I went into the AC thinking that I was gonna learn something new and took some pressure off of it.

Good luck with your AC!

Reactions: Law Student

N_16

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 11, 2022
Has anyone ever passed an AC having literally blanked and stared at the interviewers for like 30 seconds? 🙃
Well I've heard that using silence can sometimes be an effective tactic so I guess it depends on how they interpreted it! Don't worry, fingers crossed it all goes okay :)

AI

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Has anyone ever passed an AC having literally blanked and stared at the interviewers for like 30 seconds? 🙃
Honestly silence can be your friend during ACs. It shows that you are taking thought and processing the question. Law firms don’t expect you to immediately reply following a question so don’t worry about it. I was silent for about a minute and a half in one interview question and I still managed to be progress! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.