Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Is it fine to email Vero with the contact details of people you worked with, so that they don't have to randomly track people down?
No - I wouldn’t do this until they ask for it.

They aren’t going to randomly track down people - they are going to go through points of contact they already have or speak to HR. They do thousands of these checks each day (maybe even tens of thousands) so they have a process that works for them.

Reactions: jomar

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Hey y'all 🥳🤩🤯🙋‍♀️🙀

Not sure how many know about this, but Aspiring Solicitors has opened applications for a training contract opportunity with Harbottle & Lewis. Highly recommend (Also, I am just having fun posting!!!)

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
thank you! now what if they're not picking up either? 😭 (sorry about this)
Which numbers have you tried? As lots of grad rec put their personal numbers on interview invite emails for emergencies (like this one), and you might be more likely to get an answer if you try one of those.

Any chance there is an interview link in a portal somewhere, or there isn’t a link at all and it might be a telephone interview?
^second this

• 🏆
Reactions: SuccessfulSolicitor

rosec

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2022
Which numbers have you tried? As lots of grad rec put their personal numbers on interview invite emails for emergencies (like this one), and you might be more likely to get an answer if you try one of those.

^second this
Any chance there is an interview link in a portal somewhere, or there isn’t a link at all and it might be a telephone interview?
have you tried emailing them?
panic over- just been sent the link w 10 mins to go hahaha thanks for your help and sorry for this 😭

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I was thinking the same thing because some of these experiences happened years ago and I was only with the firm for a few days to a week (for work experience etc) - surely it's better to provide a reference? Maybe you can enter one in the additional information section on the Vero form?
You can but they will still need to check with the firm directly. It helps stop fraudulent references (which you’d be surprised happens enough for them to have established processes like this).

Reactions: N_16
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.