TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

academicweapon121

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 20, 2023
    They emailed on Monday saying they are screening applications and will shortly invite people to the next stage which is the online strengths based assessment. So I’m meaning if anyone has heard back about the next stage.
    I heard today for a direct tc application, but after the test it says we will hear mid june, so I assume those who applied to vac schemes and have done the test have to wait until then :)

newtothis

Star Member
  • Jan 2, 2022
    They emailed on Monday saying they are screening applications and will shortly invite people to the next stage which is the online strengths based assessment. So I’m meaning if anyone has heard back about the next stage.
    Ahh my bad, I thought you were referring to those that had completed the placement application and online tests.

Reactions: Emilia

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Am I correct in saying that I can apply for a direct TC before the usual June deadline, and still apply for a vacation scheme at the same firm when the open in September?
    It depends on the individual firm’s policy. Some firms will say you can’t reapply at all, others will say that you need to wait 6-12 months before reapplying. For many firms it will be deemed a new application cycle though, and so you could reapply.

LL

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 22, 2021
    How do people prepare for a video interview if you have no clue how long you get to answer each question, because you can’t time yourself as a way to practice?

I always struggle with the timing and either run out of time, or find myself with too much time left…

Natasha82

Sep 13, 2022
    Does anyone know if Goodwin's intake is mostly from vacation scheme or direct TC? And would it be worth applying for direct TC or do I just wait for the new application cycle and apply for the vac scheme?

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Does anyone know if Goodwin's intake is mostly from vacation scheme or direct TC? And would it be worth applying for direct TC or do I just wait for the new application cycle and apply for the vac scheme?
    I think they specifically leave a few places for direct TC, as they know that not everyone can make a VS and they don't want to lose a large potential pool of applicants because of that!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.