Fieldfisher Online Assessment

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi all!

Does anyone have experience completing the Fieldfisher online assessment (ideally this year as i think it may have changed).

I have recieved a link to complete the test within the next 5 days. I will report back what it is like once I have done it.

gigi23

Distinguished Member
Jan 18, 2019
I don't know about this year, but last year it was a "standard" verbal reasoning test and a logical/inductive reasoning test (with the shapes and stuff). It does seem like they've changed a couple things in their application process this year though.

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
I don't know about this year, but last year it was a "standard" verbal reasoning test and a logical/inductive reasoning test (with the shapes and stuff). It does seem like they've changed a couple things in their application process this year though.

Thanks! yeah I believe this year it is more strengths focused from what they said at their open evening, but they didn't really give much else away.

gigi23

Distinguished Member
Jan 18, 2019
It may be a very different test then. If I remember correctly, last year the invitation email even included a link to useful (and free!) practice tests. If they didn't include anything like that this time around, then very likely no prep is needed.
Also I believe this year the testing happens after your application has been reviewed? Congratulations in getting so far, if that's the case and good luck with the test!

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
It may be a very different test then. If I remember correctly, last year the invitation email even included a link to useful (and free!) practice tests. If they didn't include anything like that this time around, then very likely no prep is needed.
Also I believe this year the testing happens after your application has been reviewed? Congratulations in getting so far, if that's the case and good luck with the test!

Yes no link to any practices so i believe there is no prep!

Thank you!! fingers crossed the test goes well.

MAS2

Nov 10, 2019
Hi all!

Does anyone have experience completing the Fieldfisher online assessment (ideally this year as i think it may have changed).

I have recieved a link to complete the test within the next 5 days. I will report back what it is like once I have done it.
Hi, I hope the test went well! If you wouldn't mind, please could you share the type of test that it was. Thanks!

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
It was a Capp developed situation based test. You are given a scenario and told to rank in order what you would do in that situation from a list of options. At the end there is then a watson glaser test without the inferences section.

Not sure if it may be similar to the new Linklaters test? (I have not done it so I can't say)

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
It was a Capp developed situation based test. You are given a scenario and told to rank in order what you would do in that situation from a list of options. At the end there is then a watson glaser test without the inferences section.

Not sure if it may be similar to the new Linklaters test? (I have not done it so I can't say)

Hi,
Have you heard back yet?
I completed my test yesterday and I'm wondering how long they take to get back to people? I submitted on Sunday and heard back on Tuesday asking me to take the test.

PSM

Esteemed Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi,
Have you heard back yet?
I completed my test yesterday and I'm wondering how long they take to get back to people? I submitted on Sunday and heard back on Tuesday asking me to take the test.

hi I haven’t heard anything yet. I got an email saying I would hear back within 7 days (on Tuesday)

gigi23

Distinguished Member
Jan 18, 2019
Good luck to those taking the test and those waiting for the next step! :) Do let us know!
I submitted my application on Wednesday last week and still haven't heard anything, hopefully next week.

KatieCCM

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
i think that meant invitation to do the test @KatieCCM is that right?

Yep :) Planning to do it tomorrow...and if all goes well, I think the telephone interview is the next round? I was thinking this would be competency-based with a couple of extra questions (e.g. why firm, commercial issue, why law etc.) but will cross the bridge when we get there (if at all haha)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.