axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
@Jessica Booker @axelbeugre

For the DLA Piper application one the questions is ".... We are keen to hear what inspired your application. Why are you interested in starting a legal career at DLA Piper?

Is this question asking solely about motivation for applying to DLA Piper or also motivation to be a commercial solicitor?

I think it is asking to address both so I would briefly address why commercial law and then dive deeper why law at DLA Piper specifically and that should work!

Good luck with the application!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
I attended Links open day last year and i can really feel about their focus and emphasis on the Agile Mindset framework, so it does not surprise me if they put a much bigger focus on the Capp test than on the WG test

Minitomatosalad

Distinguished Member
Sep 14, 2023
I attended Links open day last year and i can really feel about their focus and emphasis on the Agile Mindset framework, so it does not surprise me if they put a much bigger focus on the Capp test than on the WG test
I feel like a good way to judge is if you get generic strengths on your report. If it’s things like time management it means you didn’t do well.
When I got to the AC stage last year my strengths section of the report was a lot more substantial

Ellewoodz

Aug 27, 2023
@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker - I would really appreciate your advice for this question on Taylor Wessing's Summer Vac Scheme application: What motivates you for a career in Law at Taylor Wessing and what key skills would you bring? (1,000 characters).

I am unsure whether I should address why law, or just why Taylor Wessing. Also, I am unsure as to what "motivates" really means in this context - what is GR assessing here?

Thank you!

Reactions: h79 and axelbeugre

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
I feel like a good way to judge is if you get generic strengths on your report. If it’s things like time management it means you didn’t do well.
When I got to the AC stage last year my strengths section of the report was a lot more substantial
Tbh I think most of the qualities in the agile mindset framework are pretty generic😂

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.