Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker, do you have any thoughts on when it is appropriate to get in touch with GR regarding the outcome of your application?
My general advice is only if you need to hear back rather than want to hear back. If there is a reason you need to hear back in a fairly short period of time, then go for it. But

I’d stress 90%+ of the time most people are just wanting to hear back rather than needing to.

Reactions: axelbeugre and S87

TS2001

Standard Member
  • Jan 20, 2021
    NRF - Pfo
    Travers Smith - Interview
    HL - Waiting following wg
    Akin Gump - Submitted app
    CC - Passed wg
    S&S wvs - Waiting following vi
    A&O - VI pending
    Kirkland - App submitted
    Apps working on cms hsf ashurst links weil dla (Manchester)
    Hey when did you apply for Travers Smith? - just wondering if they've stopped giving out interviews and if I should be expecting a rejection!

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Is the cover letter necessary for DLA Piper? It doesn't say it is required.

But it does say on the app: 'accepted file types: DOCX, PDF, Image and Text (MSG, PPT and XLS file types are not accepted for CVs or cover letters'

Which suggests some people attach a cover letter...

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Hi all,

I just received a VI invite from PwC! If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated ☺️

Also, does anyone know if the VI is automatic?
    Hey! VI isn’t automatic :) so you passed the benchmark for the test. First question of the VI is why you are applying to PwC/the scheme and the rest are all situational judgement questions. For example: “X has happened. Your manager has left the matter to you to resolve. How do you navigate this? What would you do?”

Hope this helps!

Reactions: NJS and Aaj03

Aaj03

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2023
    Hey! VI isn’t automatic :) so you passed the benchmark for the test. First question of the VI is why you are applying to PwC/the scheme and the rest are all situational judgement questions. For example: “X has happened. Your manager has left the matter to you to resolve. How do you navigate this? What would you do?”

Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much!

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.