• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If a firm does not have a 'positions of responsibility' section, but their work experience section says they want 'paid employment, paid or unpaid placements or internships and any other office and non-office work experience' and that 'non-legal work employment & experience' is important to them, is it appropriate to put student union positions of responsibility that lasted a year or an intense voluntary position e.g at a library for 6 months in the work experience section? the tasks I performed and analysis of skills are like work experience/jobs rather than involvement with extra-curricular interests or student societies relating to them, and they are not current 'interests' but ones I did at undergrad. (I am doing the LPC). My additional info section is quite full, but I don't want to 'answer the questions wrong' so to speak, and so I am unsure where to put these positions of responsibility. @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre any advice?
I would include an SU role or a volunteer role in work experience. I just would include society/sports club positions as they are clearly still asking for work experience rather than extra curricular activities.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker hope you are well have the mock interview prices changed recently it says they are £50 as have an AC next month and was looking to book a mock case study interview?
Hi @Asil Ahmad - mock interviews are currently £70. It may have been a lower amount some time ago or if a discount was applied, but it’s been £70 per interview for a while now.

Gold subscribers get a 50% discount on the service, so sometimes it can be beneficial to sign up to Gold for a month to utilise the wider materials and then book a mock interview at discount.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if there is a way we can find out how many people would be invited to ACs for a specific firm?
I’d recommend not focusing on this detail even if you can find it out (you are unlikely to do so unless you ask them at the AC and graduate recruitment are willing to give you an estimate).

Invited candidates does not equate to attendees (you’d be surprised how many people withdraw, choose not to attend, can’t attend or no show).

Added to this, even offered candidates doesn’t necessarily mean the number of places as some people will decline offers as they realise they either don’t like the firm, have better options, or can no longer accept the position due to other commitments.

Reactions: axelbeugre

Arianne Kez

Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2023
Did anyone include the forage course or an open day on their work experience section for Pinsent Masons? I was unsure because there is no extra-curricular interests questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.