TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

johnnn821

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hi all, Are you sure we are able to reapply to BCLP for a training contract if we are unsuccessful at obtaining a place in the vac scheme? Their website clearly says " If you apply for a Vacation Scheme and are not successful, you cannot reapply for a Direct Training Contract in the same recruitment cycle (September 2023 – May 2024)."

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    I haven’t heard a thing from Travers since I gave in my application for the WVS, but considering they’ve already done interviews I’m assuming PFO
    I think it’s ridiculous that they haven’t had the decency to reach out to people and just say no 🤣 submitted my app two months ago and I’m still here. What a waste of time

• 🤝
    Reactions: Ash2323, s9111 and ayiiii05

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Hi all, Are you sure we are able to reapply to BCLP for a training contract if we are unsuccessful at obtaining a place in the vac scheme? Their website clearly says " If you apply for a Vacation Scheme and are not successful, you cannot reapply for a Direct Training Contract in the same recruitment cycle (September 2023 – May 2024)."
    I think as long as you don’t make it to interview stage for the vac scheme, you should be okay to apply for TC in the same cycle!

Reactions: johnnn821

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    I haven’t heard a thing from Travers since I gave in my application for the WVS, but considering they’ve already done interviews I’m assuming PFO
    They’re still conducting interviews to my knowledge. Another candidate has one today and they don’t seem to give more than 2 days notice of an interview (if not less than a day).

So I wouldn’t write it off just yet. Annoying still I know, it’s a very different process to what I thought it was going to be like.

It also seems to be the case that the vacation scheme is shaped like a week long assessment centre (shaped around a group negotiation, written exercise, and case study).

oliviapope1

Star Member
    Nov 14, 2023
    They’re still conducting interviews to my knowledge. Another candidate has one today and they don’t seem to give more than 2 days notice of an interview (if not less than a day).

So I wouldn’t write it off just yet. Annoying still I know, it’s a very different process to what I thought it was going to be like.

It also seems to be the case that the vacation scheme is shaped like a week long assessment centre (shaped around a group negotiation, written exercise, and case study).
    I don’t know if that made me more stressed or relieved 😭 less than a day’s notice sounds very scary

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.