TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

SalmaNasser

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
Hi @Jessica Booker,

I completed my studies outside the UK, but I noticed that many vacation scheme applications do not have the space to explain my home country. Do you suggest getting in touch with the graduate recruitment team to understand how to provide the extra explanation? Thank you in advance
I am going through the same thing as well and I am not sure tbh on what to do

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I am going through the same thing as well and I am not sure tbh on what to do

I would just email a brief explanation to the main graduate recruitment email address as that will be the most useful way to provide this information.

Alternatively if you can upload a document to the system, then you could add that as a document to your application.

I would say 9 times out of 10 though, no explanation is needed. I know many other countries academic systems, and when I don’t I had an international qualification guide. In the vary rare instances where the qualification isn’t in that guide, I would research it.
This is what Jessica suggests to do

• 🤝
Reactions: SalmaNasser

trainingcontract

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2023
It's SJT, and there's a pre-recorded interview at the end.

Was wondering if anyone here has finished their SH test and willing to share how they structure the pre-recorded interview? Do you have unlimited time to prep before recording? How many questions were there? Were there commercial awareness questions?
Does anyone have any insights on this?

Legally_Brunette1999

Oct 12, 2023
How long it usually take for DLA to respond after WG? I am applying for london and did mine on last Wednesday but haven't got anything.

I have a friend did WG on thursday and was invited to VI on friday. Not sure whether DLA screen all applications centrally or it's up to each office.
I was rejected from them after WG last year. IIRC I didn't wait that long afterwards, I think it was a maximum of 2-3 weeks

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
Has anyone else had problems uploading their CV for DLA Piper? I've tried uploading in all of the suggested formats and methods, but no luck even though it says my document has been successfully uploaded.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 16.44.59.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 16.44.59.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 27

Dakuai

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2023
Hi, for those who have applied for Jones Day vacation scheme, did you put down academic referee's phone number? I only have my referee's email address, but the phone number section seems to be mandatory to fill thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.