Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys, I am about to submit my application to Clifford Chance, but working full-time I did not have time to complete their forage internship. How much this will penalise me? I literally have only the weekends to work on my applications.
I don’t think it’s detrimental, especially if you have engaged with the firm in other ways (eg attended a webinar/virtual event with them).

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I can’t imagine a firm using the forage internship as a tool for pipelining (unless they specifically say they would do so) - I would think the only advantage that completing forage gives people is a wider insight into the firm - which can be used to display and highlight your motivation for the form a lot better in the applications. Something you could easily do through other means as well.

As for those checklist questions on an application form, such as where have you heard about us? Did you complete our forage? Which events have been influential? I could be wrong but I have always considered these as a ROI tool - for the firm to see whether they are seeing a return on investing in these things. For example, a stall at the Legal Cheek law fair could cost £2,000 - so they would want to see if candidates are actually coming from there - so that for the next recruitment cycle they can decide if they wish to do spend money on those things again.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn’t worry too much.
Thank you for such informative response

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    does BCLP do automatic wg?
    From BCLP grad recruitment:

Thanks for your email.

Applications are reviewed on a regular basis and applicants are progressed shortly afterwards to the online test.

I applied on the 25th Oct, got my test link on 26th Oct and got my feedback report on 31st Oct. Also it’s a blended assessment, first part is an SJT, second part is a review exercise and final part is a mini WG (not more than 8 questions)!

Reactions: Sharon Wu

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    From BCLP grad recruitment:

Thanks for your email.

Applications are reviewed on a regular basis and applicants are progressed shortly afterwards to the online test.

I applied on the 25th Oct, got my test link on 26th Oct and got my feedback report on 31st Oct. Also it’s a blended assessment, first part is an SJT, second part is a review exercise and final part is a mini WG (not more than 8 questions)!
    thank you that was v comprehensive I appreciate it :)

Reactions: aspiringlawyer47

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    Does anyone know what are the questions for Baker McKenzie's app form this cycle?
    Tell us about something - anything - that excites and inspires you. (300 words max) *
    Describe three of your key strengths that will assist you in a career as a commercial lawyer and explain how you have developed them. (300 words max) *

'Choose one of our clients and explain a challenge they are currently facing. What could the organisation do to overcome this challenge and how could we assist? (400 words max)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Jessica Booker and Sharon Wu

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    wait is it a pre recorded interview 😭😭
    No no, It was an interview with either two senior associates or one senior associate and one from graduate recruitment. The duration was about 30-45 minutes. But it was the toughest interview I've ever experienced. For the first time, I was genuinely at a loss for words. I was completely taken aback! 😄

Reactions: Sharon Wu

InvesmentBanker

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    May 26, 2023
    Holding myself accountable (again). TLDR: 28 apps, five PFO's

Willkie Farr & Gallagher ✅📼📝
    Covington & Burling ✅❌
    Shearman & Sterling ✅
    White & Case ✅📼🎙️
    Milbank ✅
    Ropes & Gray ✅
    Arnold & Porter ✅
    Sullivan & Cromwell ✅❌
    Latham & Watkins ✅
    Kirkland & Ellis ✅
    Skadden Arps ✅
    Vinson & Elkins ✅
    Weil Gotshal & Manges ✅
    Akin ✅📝
    Gibson Dunn ✅❌
    Goodwin ✅
    Cleary Gottlieb ✅
    Paul Hastings ✅
    Ashurst ✅ 📝❌
    Macfarlanes ✅📝
    Mayer Brown ✅📝
    King & Spalding?
    Winston & Strawn ✅
    Morgan Lewis ✅
    Fried Frank (1st January)
    Orrick ✅
    Dechert ✅
    Cooley ✅
    Morrison Foerster ✅
    Slaughter and May ✅❌

✅ = applied; ❌ = PFO; 📼 = VI; 🎙️ = AC; 📝 = test.
    The scenes when an interviewer asks you which other firms you applied to 😂 Impressive numbers...

• Haha
    Reactions: alexchristos

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.