TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
They may have been from the fast track AC after attending the insight scheme.

The Manny girl I saw was third year.

very disappointing to see they have already give out VS spots from somebody who has been waiting two weeks for VI reasonable adjustments.
DLA's process is so horrendous and I think it's unfair to several people who have applied and haven't heard back

D

Deleted member 31263

Congrats!! May I know which office you applied to and when did you submit your application/blended assessment?
Thanks :). Applied to London and completed the blended assessment on the 2nd November and got invited to the AC on the 20th November.

Last edited by a moderator:

eleven14og

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    Me🥹

hey!!

Since you have done the test last cycle can I ask about your experience? Like what does the test actually look like a don what exactly is the aptitude test, is it like a Watson glazer test?
    it's game based assessment for last cycle prob the same for this cycle. if you did the pwc gba before it is pretty much the same (pumping balloons, opening locks etc)

legal.beagle

Dec 1, 2023
    Feeling a bit disheartened. Found out I only got 63rd percentile on the Linklaters WG. Do people know if they just look at the overall score or if each section of the WG needs to be passed individually? Should I just assume this will be a PFO?
    I attended the Linklaters open day and someone on it was 42nd percentile. For context, making it on to an open day fast tracks you to an assessment centre so I assume the criteria would still be reasonably strict. I get the impression that they do care a lot about their capp test. So I wouldn't give up hope!

• Wow
    Reactions: Sharon Wu

Jamilaalixx

Dec 1, 2023
    It is not necessary. It should state so at the top of the application form

Hi, it doesn't specifically state that it is not necessary but I'm going to assume since they only encourage it to enable them to connect with candidates about future opportunities that it is not necessary.

This is what the website states:

Many thanks for your interest in Taylor Wessing.

We would encourage you to upload a copy of your CV and keep your candidate profile as up to date as possible. This will enable us to connect with you proactively should we have a future opportunity we feel is aligned to your skills and experience.

If you’ve applied for a specific opportunity, please be aware the information provided within this profile will be accessible to the hiring team reviewing your application.

Please check you are eligible to apply for this role, before completing and submitting an application.

Please note, for our insight scheme and solicitor apprenticeship opportunities you are not required to upload a CV or cover letter.

We do not permit the use of CHATGPT or any other AI tools when completing this application.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Talent Acquisition team

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2023
    Hi, it doesn't specifically state that it is not necessary but I'm going to assume since they only encourage it to enable them to connect with candidates about future opportunities that it is not necessary.

We would encourage you to upload a copy of your CV and keep your candidate profile as up to date as possible. This will enable us to connect with you proactively should we have a future opportunity we feel is aligned to your skills and experience.

If you’ve applied for a specific opportunity, please be aware the information provided within this profile will be accessible to the hiring team reviewing your application.

Please check you are eligible to apply for this role, before completing and submitting an application.

Please note, for our insight scheme and solicitor apprenticeship opportunities you are not required to upload a CV or cover letter.

We do not permit the use of CHATGPT or any other AI tools when completing this application.

Talent Acquisition team
    It should say in the actual application form.

Applications are closed now anyway the website says.

• Wow
    Reactions: Sharon Wu

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2022

Talent Acquisition team

I can confirm it is not necessary. Emailed GR team a few weeks ago and they said no CV or cover letter required.

Reactions: Jamilaalixx

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.