TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
I would only do so if you are invited to the next stage. The mistakes are likely to be looked at unfavourably, and so I would only raise the firm asks you to complete the next stage.
Thanks for the advice Jess. Just wondering though, will it look more unfavorable if I am to only disclose the mistakes after progressing as it could seem as if I omitted to correct myself in order to avoid being looked at unfavourably?

erderlylars

Star Member
Nov 12, 2023
Just did Willkie's VI and flopped... idk why but not seeing a real person on the other end just completely ruins me even though I have done a few VIs so i kinda know what to expect :/
Heya I also did my Willkie VI and also think I completely flopped it. Did you also have a problem with the email saying you had 90 seconds to respond but on the actual platform it only gave you a minute?

boom1512

Nov 20, 2023
Hello everyone i was wondering if any of you had any experience with the arctic shores assessment? Would you recommend buying a test pack? With the few trainees i have spoken to, they seemed to say it was all about consistent answers with this type of assessment
Hi - I bought the practice pack and it was extremely helpful to get a feel for what the assessment is like (I was then successful in the actual test).

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks for the advice Jess. Just wondering though, will it look more unfavorable if I am to only disclose the mistakes after progressing as it could seem as if I omitted to correct myself in order to avoid being looked at unfavourably?
It’s completely up to you if you want to disclose earlier, I just don’t think there is any issue in doing so until you know whether your application has been successful to the next stage (especially if it is at the early stages). I don’t think it has any implications for when you disclose in the stage between applying and having a decision on your initial application.

Reactions: hannah04

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If I were to disclose now, should I put it in the "additional information" section of the submitted application or send an email to GR?
If you can update your application, then just update the educational section. There would be no issue if you can update the application. If you can’t update the application, then email graduate recruitment.

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2023
Loved the friendly but not so friendly reminder from Gowling about the test 🤣
Such a patronising e-mail:

'I am e-mailing to remind you of the upcoming deadline for the Arctic Shores Behavioural Based Assessment, which you were invited to complete via e-mail from Arctic Shores on Thursday 30 November.

"Getting things done" is one of our CORE Competencies and good time management is a key skill for any successful Lawyer. Therefore leaving this to the last minute and then encountering technical issues for example would be unwise. We strongly encourage you to complete this well in advance of the deadline, to ensure there are no issues.'

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
Hi - just to confirm, is that for tests passed within one application cycle? Or a 12 month period?
Update: Just emailed HSF grad rec. This is only for those attending the first-year workshop or if you are a campus ambassador.

"If you are a current Campus Ambassador or attended a First Year Workshop 2023, you will not be required to re-take the online assessment portion of the application. If this applies to you, please email [email protected] to confirm."

Reactions: Cecylia03

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.