TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Legalregal

Valued Member
Jan 13, 2021
Guys😭 I applied to HL for the summer vacation scheme a month ago and I have not yet received the Watson Glaser!! I emailed Graduate recruitment last Monday but I have not heard back - anyone in the same situation? What should I do?
When I asked they said that they had not sent the test to candidates and will do in December. I had thought I applied to the winter scheme but I must be wrong

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi @axelbeugre, could you speak to how Goodwin assesses the VS for those who receive a TC? Is it a holistic approach of feedback from supervisors, assessed tasks, etc? is there a final interview at the end of the scheme?
Hey @Seven,

Thanks for reaching out. So, Goodwin assesses us throughout the scheme and the evaluation is based on: Your interaction with everyone at the firm, any piece of work you have been given by associates, partners from the department you are sitting in (but also others if you wish), a written case study (1 hour long), a TC interview (30 to 1 hour long), and a group assessment. All these are done during the one week vacation scheme, which is pretty intense!

I hope that helps!

Reactions: Seven

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Attended the Fieldfisher Diversity Access Scheme Launch Event. So the current process is an application, strengths test and virtual AC. Rather than having a final interview/presentation to convert the DAS into a TC offer, you need to do an entire in person AC consisting of a written exercise, group presentation and a final partner interview (two partners). Is it me or is this a lot?

NMA

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Heya I also did my Willkie VI and also think I completely flopped it. Did you also have a problem with the email saying you had 90 seconds to respond but on the actual platform it only gave you a minute?
    Uh not gonna lie I don't even remember seeing an exact timer - I was too focused on the ring that slowly fills up around your video lol. I mean I hope we got 90 seconds if that's what the email said.

SalmaNasser

Star Member
    Oct 16, 2023
    Attended the Fieldfisher Diversity Access Scheme Launch Event. So the current process is an application, strengths test and virtual AC. Rather than having a final interview/presentation to convert the DAS into a TC offer, you need to do an entire in person AC consisting of a written exercise, group presentation and a final partner interview (two partners). Is it me or is this a lot?
    hey, i am at the event as well hahahah, i think few firms do this as well and not just fieldfisher.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.