TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hi @Jessica Booker and @axelbeugre

When an app asks for a recent commercial news, how far back can we go? I have a really interesting news story that was published in August, but I'm unsure if this would count as recent considering it's about 3-4months old.
    I usually go no further than 12 months as most law firms ask a recent news story in the last 12 months. Hope this is helpful

• 🤝
    Reactions: flower

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Thank you everyone for the support I applied for the summer scheme for HSF and was exempt from their test as did the test in September for the AS mentoring scheme with HSF.
    Congratulations! Huge Achievement!
    You're on fire this cycle, KEEP GOING!!

omg ive been reading your posts for so long, IM ROOTING FOR U BEST OF LUCK

You Got This Go Get Em GIF

Omg congrats!!!

Congratulations Asil! Is this for the SVS?

stacy2523

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 12, 2023
    Currently completing the Covington Vac Scheme App. How would people go about answering this question:

Name a historical figure that you admire and outline why.

Do you reckon the person has to be famous or can I mention a late family member? Really unsure what they are looking for from this question! Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Reactions: axelbeugre

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hi does anyone have any insight on what type of questions to expect for Clyde and Co's online video assessment.
    Also how many questions and how long one has to answer.
    Feel free to reach out to me as I did it last year.

But I found it easier than Simmons VI and they had a question about their sector focus last year.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Sharon Wu and HarmonyN

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi does anyone have any insight on what type of questions to expect for Clyde and Co's online video assessment.
    Also how many questions and how long one has to answer.
    Hi, I did their AC last year and therefore passed their VI. I only remember two questions: 2)if you were to be in a new group setting what sort of questions would you ask? I mentioned 3 and justified all my choices. 2) Why clyde? I mentioned their sectoral expertise and aligned it with my own experiences, their international growth and their tech/innovation. I hope it helps :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Sharon Wu and HarmonyN

HarmonyN

Star Member
    Sep 6, 2022
    Hi, I did their AC last year and therefore passed their VI. I only remember two questions: 2)if you were to be in a new group setting what sort of questions would you ask? I mentioned 3 and justified all my choices. 2) Why clyde? I mentioned their sectoral expertise and aligned it with my own experiences, their international growth and their tech/innovation. I hope it helps :)
    Thank you so much😊 Truly appreciated

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.