TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

aolpsi

Standard Member
Sep 22, 2023
At this point I guess yeah? Seems like they have sent out VIs. But hey it’s not a rejection until you get the email
If you haven’t received an email yet are you to assume you haven’t been selected for CC?
It’s complex for systems to send out probably 1000s of emails and common to do big communications in batches. You might still get good news later today.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica! I‘m applying to Osborne Clarke, on the application form they said they have part-time training contract as well, is there any different with the normal training contract?
It will need to be a longer period of time to train as you will need to accumulate the equivalent of two-years full-time of qualifying work experience. So for instances, if you were only working 2.5 days a week instead of 5, your training contract would need to be 4 years long rather than 2.

Reactions: Cynthia14

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anybody know the difference between Legal Work Placement & Training Contract within Legal Services for Individuals and Legal Work Placement & Training Contract within Legal Services for Businesses for Irwin Mitchell?
Individuals will be working for clients on personal matters (wills, family matters, probate, house purchases etc), while businesses will be commercial work with organisations/companies

Reactions: wishmeluck13

Amehta1

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 4, 2023
    Guys I think we just have to wait, as was said earlier on this thread these emails often go out in batches. Let’s all hope for the best!
    a rejection😭 but i don’t know because so many people here applied - it’s weird only 2 got the VI

Sameee :(( I’m sad - I think it’s a PFO

I am also wondering about the application process for Bird and Bird? It says "This year we are recruiting for trainees to start in September 2026, so please only apply for a vacation scheme if you are able to commence a training contract in September 2026. This means you will be in your penultimate-year of a law degree, final-year of a non-law degree, or a graduate."
    But surely a final year law student would also be able to apply??

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.