TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Charlottehollyx

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
I recieved this from Taylor Wessing on the 15th of Nov and haven't heard anything since, it's been a week since 1/12 now...

"Thank you for submitting your application for a vacation scheme with Taylor Wessing.

We have received a high number of application forms for this role, and are still in the process of reviewing these.

We are conscious that you may be worried about not receiving your outcome yet so wanted to assure you, that your application is in the process of being reviewed. We will advise you of the outcome by w/c 1 December, when the application window closes.

If you are successful in being selected for the next stage, you will be invited to complete an online test and have seven days to complete the test. Further instructions on the testing stage will be emailed to you."

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Anyone have any idea how a firm uses online tests in their recruitment process? I emailed TW about it, seeing as their test is different to the one you did last year @axelbeugre (as it was not a game based assessment but more like a WG.) I got back a message when asking them about this and they said:

"We review the application forms and shortlist them, inviting only the shortlisted candidates to the online assessment stage. We then look at those results alongside our benchmark to decide who is invited to the final stage – the assessment centre.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please feel free to get back in touch."

So am i right in thinking that if someone does average and is close to the benchmark of the test, their application would then be reviewed again when making a final decision? Instead of taking solely the test result as the only decision?
I think they said that you need to meet the benchmark and that is going to be a factor that is going to help them decide whether to invite people for the assessment centre. So, I am pretty sure you have to meet or surpass the benchmark.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Ash2323

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.