TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
I felt the same way for a period. Like other than practice, practice, practice (JobTestPrep has a lot of practice WGs), there isn’t a lot more you can do.

I think they’re a test where unless you’re naturally inclined to them, you struggle regardless of the amount of practice you put in. Honestly, if you feel they continually let you down in applications, I would just focus on firms that don’t use the WG as part of their recruitment process (and that’s the majority).

If you focus on firms that use SJTs or no tests at all, it may put you in a better position as there’s nothing worse than spending hours on an application only to not even have it reviewed due to a weak WG. Best of luck!
I would agree with laby201 and I found that keeping notes by the side of me about the "rules" for each section of the test really helped me to maintain focus and follow the correct thought process for the question types.

Reactions: Petallove1

lonelycruise

Esteemed Member
Oct 2, 2023
Starting to lose my will with the WG test 😭 every PFO I’ve had this year has been because of this test and I felt like I had really improved with it and have made use of resources recommended by everyone. Clutching at straws but does anyone have any recommendations to improve? It feels like my biggest hurdle in apps and it’s started to become really disheartening that I can’t meet a % in a test 😭😭 at this point will pay a lot of money for a good resource
I'm neurodivergent so I find that time-pressured cognitive assessments aren't well-suited to my particular strengths. That's why I've only applied to US firms as very few have tests like these; would recommend going that route if you know WG isn't your bag. Work smarter, not harder! ☺️

(Crucially, be kind to yourself -- I know so many bright people who've flopped the WG test on *multiple* occasions). 🤍

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.