TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

h79

Standard Member
Jan 28, 2023
If it specifically says that they are closed on the website, I would not bother applying (also confirmed by the fact that there are people with offers already). I would email them to confirm this and see, rather than wasting time on it (even though I know it is quite short).
They are open until the 31st December 2023, as per the website.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
  • Love
Reactions: Aaj03 and Sharon Wu

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
thank you thats so insightful! do you have to reference it back to the law firm as to how they can help in qs like these or is it more so about just considering the broader trends?
I think it is mostly considering the broader trend. I used to include a sentence or two regarding what the law firm could do but it was a very general consideration like increase lawyers knowledge about a specific issue I mentioned or invest in expanding a particular practice, but I would not say that you should go in depth into this, a very surface level consideration is okay. This is because the question does not ask to link it back to the law firm anyway so you would want to focus on what the question specifically asks!

Reactions: mfuturetrainee

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
Thankyou!
I applied around the 1st of December and I received an invite to the VI on the day. I then also received a confirmation that I passed the VI within a space of a few days.
I applied exactly the same time and am still yet to hear. It unnerves me when others are hearing and mine is still under review but suppose it's not a PFO yet so keeping the faith!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.