Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How do I approach this question: "Please confirm if you intend to do the PGDL/LPC/SQE, and when and where do you propose to commence this?" - I am in my final year of a law degree. @Jessica Booker do you have any insight?
You need to explain what your expectations are for which route you will be taking, and where/when you expect to do this. It is an open question to check people's expectations of what and when they will study.

ah898

Star Member
  • Nov 9, 2023
    Does anyone have any tips for the Eversheds and Bird & Bird VIs?
    Bird & Bird had one firm related question and three competency based questions. I would just refresh yourself on the reasons you are attracted to the firm and then focus on writing out situations where you have demonstrated different skills (e.g., Teamwork/collaboration, working under pressure...)

• 🏆
    Reactions: S87 and PFO Magnet

MandyAA

Distinguished Member
    Jan 20, 2021
    @Jessica Booker Hi Jessica, I have a quick question I was hoping you could help with.

I did a virtual vac scheme with BLM law a few years ago, they merged with Clyde & Co. shortly after. When referencing the vac scheme on applications could I still put that it with BLM law even though they do not technically exist anymore

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker Hi Jessica, I have a quick question I was hoping you could help with.

I did a virtual vac scheme with BLM law a few years ago, they merged with Clyde & Co. shortly after. When referencing the vac scheme on applications could I still put that it with BLM law even though they do not technically exist anymore
    You could put it as "BLM (now Clyde & Co)" or "BLM (now part of Clyde & Co)" to make it clearer that it was BLM at the time.

PFO Magnet

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 27, 2023
    Bird & Bird had one firm related question and three competency based questions. I would just refresh yourself on the reasons you are attracted to the firm and then focus on writing out situations where you have demonstrated different skills (e.g., Teamwork/collaboration, working under pressure...)
    Thank you!!!

Femy

Dec 23, 2023
    With some firms opening their applications for winter, spring and summer schemes in the coming weeks, we thought it was time to open a new thread for a new application cycle.

Please use this master thread to discuss anything related to vacation scheme applications for the 2023-2024 application cycle. This can include everything from application and interview queries to news from particular law firms.

If you want to check last year's thread you can find it here: TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Wishing everyone the best of luck for the upcoming cycle.

Thanks,

Jess
    Jesica i need your help in problem solving question.

D

Deleted member 32324

Realistically is it worth applying to Freshfields if I got rejected for their workshops. I presume majority of the WG invites for the Direct TC route will be handed to those that attended anyways. Not sure.

IwantaVacSchemePlz

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 17, 2023
    Realistically is it worth applying to Freshfields if I got rejected for their workshops. I presume majority of the WG invites for the Direct TC route will be handed to those that attended anyways. Not sure.
    they told us that both applications are independent. you would be at no disadvantage applying

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.