TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

itsfearless15

Premium Member
Sep 16, 2023
I am in the same exact situation. I asked a few firms what their approaches were to not having GCSE results (the likes of Simmons, Forsters, Mishcon and Trowers), and they all said that they mostly didn't look at GCSE results and told me to input blanks if the spaces needed to be filled to move on. I added my World History grade as it is a standardized test similar to GCSEs, but that's it.
Ah that's v helpful, thanks so much!

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
I feel absolutely sick with worry. I just started my Mishcon VI and at the first step I was asked to take a pic for a thumbnail (as step 1 of 5) which I did and pressed continue. I pressed continue again as nothing happened and then got to screen which showed step 5 of 5 and said thank you for completing the VI but I never did and never had any questions. I could honestly cry!! My deadline is Boxing Day and doubt anyone from GR will even answer me before the deadline. I am so gutted!!

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
I feel absolutely sick with worry. I just started my Mishcon VI and at the first step I was asked to take a pic for a thumbnail (as step 1 of 5) which I did and pressed continue. I pressed continue again as nothing happened and then got to screen which showed step 5 of 5 and said thank you for completing the VI but I never did and never had any questions. I could honestly cry!! My deadline is Boxing Day and doubt anyone from GR will even answer me before the deadline. I am so gutted!!
To make things worse, I have emailed the assessment provider and my email has been blocked 😭

IwantaVacSchemePlz

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 17, 2023
Anyone who applied to HL, does it show on your app that the privacy policy box is unticked? Mine isn't ticked and I'm worried they won't read my application because of it... I'm surprised it would let me apply without ticking it too!

Hani156

Standard Member
Nov 30, 2023
I too went through a technical issue with my DLA Piper VI unfortunately a few weeks ago. It is not uncommon to face issues with VI and law firms are very accommodating in this respect. My VI was reset and deadline was shifted. I'd suggest emailing the GR team detailing your issue and attaching a screenshot too if possible. I'm sure they will assist you when they can. I hope this offers some reassurance.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I wouldn’t expect much in terms of update until probably the 2 or possibly even 3 January. Some firms will be open the 27, 28 and 29th but so many people are off for the festive break, I don’t think you can expect much until everyone is back in the new year.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.