TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

kcr

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2022
I need some advice from you guys - do you think it's a good idea to have my notes open in a Word document during a virtual assessment centre? This would include things like situations for standard competency questions or points about why I'm interested in the firm. On one hand, I believe it might help me stay more relaxed, but on the other hand, I'm concerned about becoming overly dependent on these notes 😥

What do you do? (I only had in person ACs so far so this was not an option haha)
Maybe have it open somewhere to look at during breaks but maybe don’t have it open during the actual interview. Your answers will come to you naturally, you won’t be following a rigid answer and the interviewers can probably see you reading off something.

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
I need some advice from you guys - do you think it's a good idea to have my notes open in a Word document during a virtual assessment centre? This would include things like situations for standard competency questions or points about why I'm interested in the firm. On one hand, I believe it might help me stay more relaxed, but on the other hand, I'm concerned about becoming overly dependent on these notes 😥

What do you do? (I only had in person ACs so far so this was not an option haha)
I tend to use stickie notes and have bulletpoints that I can expand on, rather than reading from a script or a word document. It’s not bad practice to have notes for an interview, I think it’s more about whether you are reading straight from it or using it as a quick reference tool. In any case, best of luck !!!

• 🤝
Reactions: bella98

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020

Ive done it both for ac and vi
Dont think i used it much tbh and there were definitely points when I looked at the doc when I could have answered off my head. But it was reassuring to have the note with me.
If you are worried about some key words, few questions, or facts, just write them down on a virtual notepad, make them translucent and put it write under your camera. I think this helped more

Reactions: bella98

pb15

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2021
No idea, I completed the VI and Written Assessment on Wednesday 20th December.

I hope it is soon though. I know my friend has his Written Assessment this coming Wednesday so not sure if they are just waiting for everyone to be done before they decide.
Ahh okay yeah that may be the case then. I applied for winter so did my VI & written exercise in october, but then they siad theyre gonna consider me for spring/summer instead. So ive been waiting 3 months now, im going insane ahaha

• Wow
Reactions: Untilwinter

ferrara_marti

Standard Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2021
Hey! Has anyone heard back from MIshcon for the summer VS? I applied on the 20th of December and I'm still waiting to hear whether I got a VI invite or not.
I emailed recruitment and they said they received so many they will get back to us end of February?? I thought it would be on a rolling basis.

Thanks a lot!

Lola333

Star Member
Aug 27, 2023

I had a couple of post-its on the wall behind my laptop screen with brief notes e.g. if they ask about teamwork, this is the example I'm going to give. they helped so I didn't get stuck but then also wasn't reading off them because they were short!

Reactions: HarmonyN

eleven14og

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    Anyone got email from fieldfisher saying 'thanks for completing the online assessment and your application form and strength score has been forwarded for review'? I did the test over a week ago not sure what this email means

Reactions: Niall

3000to1shoteverytime

Distinguished Member
    Dec 9, 2023
    Anyone got email from fieldfisher saying 'thanks for completing the online assessment and your application form and strength score has been forwarded for review'? I did the test over a week ago not sure what this email means
    standard holding email until the consider all the applications again to decide whether to take you forward to next stage

missingh

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 14, 2022
    i actually didn't get that email, only the email from the test provider with my feedback report and saying they will get in touch about next steps separately. i did my test for direct TC back on 23 dec

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.