TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

saj2002

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 7, 2023
    Hey! Has anyone heard back from MIshcon for the summer VS? I applied on the 20th of December and I'm still waiting to hear whether I got a VI invite or not.
    I emailed recruitment and they said they received so many they will get back to us end of February?? I thought it would be on a rolling basis.

Thanks a lot!
    They're non rolling, they just review apps as they come

EqualityNonNegotiable

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 1, 2023
    Hey! Has anyone heard back from MIshcon for the summer VS? I applied on the 20th of December and I'm still waiting to hear whether I got a VI invite or not.
    I emailed recruitment and they said they received so many they will get back to us end of February?? I thought it would be on a rolling basis.

Thanks a lot!
    Thanks for sharing the response from the grad rec team! Their website states non rolling.

Someone here claimed they had received a VI invite for the summer VS but I took it with a pinch of salt.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Out of curiosity, if you have a presentation at the start of the interview and the firm gives you the option whether to use slides or not, is that something you would use? ✅ ❌?
    Do what works for you - either approach is fine and I have seen both work incredibly well (and in some cases both not so well).

• 🤝
    Reactions: wannabesheridansmith

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi. I hope this isn't a silly question, but I'm curious about the time limit for 'recently'. For instance, if an application question says, 'Give a recent example of a goal you have set for yourself', how far back in the past is acceptable?
    For me this would be the last 12 months.

Reactions: Kbrandnew

77777law

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 22, 2023
    @Jessica Booker- I want to purchase one of the TCLA written exercise packs as I have my first-ever AC written exercise coming up (OC AC), I was wondering which one I should select between the Technical written exercise and the Legal and Commercial Analysis written exercise. What is the difference between the two? Thanks :)

futurelegallyblonde

Premium Member
    Nov 30, 2023
    I know there have been a few questions about the OC AC Watson Glaser. I emailed grad recruitment and was told the following:
    • The Watson Glaser test has been moved to our in-person phase so will not feature in your virtual assessment. Interviews are also in our in-person assessment centre.
    So it's literally just the research task. Hope that helps anyone that's confused :)

• 🏆
    Reactions: MrHubertLouis and bella98

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.