TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    its not automatic, its the 2nd stage and I think theyre non rolling so u won't hear until they start screening

I think it is automatically, as on their website says:
    Upon submitting your online application form, you will be invited to complete a bespoke online test, a behaviour based gamification software, tailored to NRF.
    If you meet the minimum benchmark for our online test, your application will be screened against our criteria

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    Upon submitting your online application form, you will be invited to complete a bespoke online test, a behaviour based gamification software, tailored to NRF.
    If you meet the minimum benchmark for our online test, your application will be screened against our criteria
    huh, thats new, I always thought it was if u get shortlisted

thanks for letting me know!

brieflybrilliant

Feb 2, 2024
    @axelbeugre hi axel, I had a rlly quick q, so one of the feedback post AC was in regards to the case study and understanding the role of a trainee in diff departments and I was a bit confused about that, how r u meant to know the specifics of what a trainee does in disputes, or real estate for eg? idk if this is a silly q but it was my first AC and I kind of fumbled out drafting, document review, researching but it wasnt specific enough, so id love to know what advice u can offer for me going forward in my future ACS :) thank you

Reactions: axelbeugre

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    If these are interview questions, this is about identifying your USPs, whether they are your skill set or your motivations.

A USP does not have to be something complete unique that applies to only you - think about it more than your combination of USPs is likely to be something no one (or very few) other candidates can present.

The first question is reflective/backward looking - where are you now and what has brought you to this point to have a set of skills or motivations that make you stand out against other candidates.

The second question is forward looking - how will you bring those skills/motivations and practically apply them to the working environment as a trainee.
    Thank you so much, this is great!

Apple

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 23, 2023
    I've got my first ever AC with HL coming up this week and I'm so so nervous - does anyone have any tips they can give? Any advice related to the case study interview in particular would be so helpful as that's what I'm most scared about!
    get a base understanding of M&A and PE. In my interview, I was asked a lot of technical terms that if I didnt have a base understanding I simply couldnt answer.

I.e. what is a warranty?
    How could the company raise funds?

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    If you have been given three minutes to answer a question, I would try to at least cover two of the three minutes if you can. This wont always be necessary, but given you have a greater amount of time, you can afford provide a bit more detail/rationale/analysis to make our answer have more depth.

You can use notes and use them how works well for you. For some people this will be post it notes around the laptop or just behind it, for other people it will be notes on the desk. The key thing really is to keep the notes very short and focused on key words so you speak naturally and not speak like you are reading word for word in a speech like format.
    I understand thank you so much!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If i received a test invite last Monday (say 9am) and it must be completed within 7 days, do I have until tomorrow 9am or tomorrow 23:59? (Hogan Lovells)
    I would personally recommend getting it done by 23.59 tonight just in case the 7 days started on the day you received the invite.

Reactions: Legalregal

Percypig12

Valued Member
    Oct 19, 2021
    Where did you see that? On their website it says this for me...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240204_165544_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20240204_165544_Chrome.jpg
      402.7 KB · Views: 70
    Reactions: DGI235

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.