TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
After a call with a firm, how important is it to send an email thanking them for their time? @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker :)
It is not expected but I personally always did it. However, I know many people who never did it and got offers too so it definitely depends on what you want to do but it is not a requirement.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    Hi I was just wondering if you had any tips or advice after taking it?
    Hello, I would say to do as much research as you can and really go through their website. As long as you know why you applied with them, recognize your skills as well as past experiences and have researched commercial awareness topics and know how to apply it to them you'll do amazing😊.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Reactions: Sharon Wu

law2022x

Legendary Member
    Feb 21, 2022
    freshfields pfo post-app. i feel like they’re either not transparent enough in the type of candidates they prefer or smth is seriously wrong with my apps because i’ve applied so many times and still have never received the WG from them.

but at the same time i have had interviews with top US firms so i don’t really understand how i am not eligible even for a WG. have competed in disputes competitions too and was quite tailored in my cover letter

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.