Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
ive heard some firms have specific uni requirements (mid 2.1s, high 2.1s etc) once you recieve a TC is this true?
I have only heard the requirement is to achieve a 2.1. They may screen candidates based on higher grades, but I have not heard of offers being contingent on a particular grade above a 2.1 for your undergraduate.

Some firms used to request a commendation or above in the GDL/LPC though.

Rolyp

Jan 6, 2023
I've received a TC offer from a large city firm that I have not yet accepted, but also have received a Vac scheme offer from a city firm that I would love to work at too. I’m not too sure which firm I would choose so would like to partake in the scheme. Will I be able to do that or will I have to give up my tc offer? The TC offer has to be responded to within 14 days but the vac scheme in in the easter holidays. Would really appreciate anyone's guidance or input, thank you!

LawBrah

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 15, 2023
    I've received a TC offer from a large city firm that I have not yet accepted, but also have received a Vac scheme offer from a city firm that I would love to work at too. I’m not too sure which firm I would choose so would like to partake in the scheme. Will I be able to do that or will I have to give up my tc offer? The TC offer has to be responded to within 14 days but the vac scheme in in the easter holidays. Would really appreciate anyone's guidance or input, thank you!
    You should accept the TC offer then renege if you convert the VS, or keep it if you don't.

Reactions: axelbeugre

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
    Nov 27, 2023
    Read the article on [general topic]. A client has asked for an overview and the key points. In 600 words, please summarize the article.
    Max 600 words

@Jessica Booker Hi :) For an application question like this, should I focus on summarizing the points within the article or is there a specific analysis that is required, i.e., highlighting the opportunities or challenges for the client? I mean I think I should focus only on the key points but I really don't need any more than 300 words so I don't know why it's allowing so much word count haha Thank you so, so much! 🙏

Last edited:
    Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.