TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

fingersarecrossed

Feb 11, 2024
@Jessica Booker
I realised I forgot to submit the Rare Recruitment Survey for a firm and have not heard from them since applying.
Is there any chance my application has not been considered because of this?
i know it is strange and probably a one-off experience but i always used to do rare recruitment surveys and the one time i didnt do it, i got through to the next stage, whereas in other situations i didnt

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
I feel stupid asking this but my email says you have three days to prepare for the VI but the deadline is 00:00 on the 22nd. I would read that as needing to complete it before Wednesday evening but the three days would mean it should be Thursday evening, right?

It seems like I'm missing something obvious here but don't want to be in a situation where I go to sit it Thursday night and the deadline has passed! Any ideas @Jessica Booker?

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023
they’re still processing apps. mainly those that have been filed in the last days before the deadline (including mine)

i emailed HFW last week and they said they are still processing apps, mainly those that were submitted in the last few days before the deadline (mine included).
Thanks for letting me know. I submitted mine in mid December so don’t understand what’s taking so long

• Wow
Reactions: Sharon Wu

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023
i know it is strange and probably a one-off experience but i always used to do rare recruitment surveys and the one time i didnt do it, i got through to the next stage, whereas in other situations i didnt
Same, whenever I opt out of Rare recruitment I manage to get to the interview haha.

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
I feel stupid asking this but my email says you have three days to prepare for the VI but the deadline is 00:00 on the 22nd. I would read that as needing to complete it before Wednesday evening but the three days would mean it should be Thursday evening, right?

It seems like I'm missing something obvious here but don't want to be in a situation where I go to sit it Thursday night and the deadline has passed! Any ideas @Jessica Booker?
If it’s white & case it’s just worded weirdly, it’s usually 23:59 on the date stated

• 🤝
Reactions: laby201 and DGI235

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.