Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvaK

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 19, 2019
Does anyone have any tips for an AC at TW?
Can't help I'm afraid but I'm assuming you've already done the TW online game assessment then? If so, do you have any tips on that? How different is it from the practice game and how long did it take for Taylor Wessing to get back to you and invite you to the AC?

aacesa

Nov 18, 2019
Has anybody heard back from CC post AC for TC? We were told we would hear *by* Friday but apparently they are not contacting anybody until the last interviews are finished? Usually successful candidates are contacted the next day or is that just for VS?
They're gonna get back to us once they're all finished, likely starting next week.

• 🤝
Reactions: Selggib16

BE123

Junior Lawyer
Nov 15, 2019
Can't help I'm afraid but I'm assuming you've already done the TW online game assessment then? If so, do you have any tips on that? How different is it from the practice game and how long did it take for Taylor Wessing to get back to you and invite you to the AC?

I didn’t actually complete the practice game so I can’t help you in that respect! My advice would be just to take it slowly and really understand each level as some of them take a while to get used to. I think I completed the GBA around the 15th of December and received an invite this morning!

Reactions: EvaK

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Is anyone still waiting for CMS or Jones Day (both summer) after initial application?

Both firms have given out AC Invitations to candidates. For jones day, I know people with summer interviews in January and March. For CMS, they’ve been doing interviews since December.

Hope that helps and I hope you heard good news soon!

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Both firms have given out AC Invitations to candidates. For jones day, I know people with summer interviews in January and March. For CMS, they’ve been doing interviews since December.

Hope that helps and I hope you heard good news soon!

Thanks for this. Do you reckon they are still giving out invitations?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Should I be worried I still haven’t heard anything from Freshfields? I apply a few days before the deadline
The grad rec team read every single application and they do not have a computer filtering system to assist so really do not worry about timescales for them. it will entirely depend on the volume of apps they have because their assessment of quality will no doubt depend on the overall standard of the apps for this year and it will depend on when yours gets read as well no doubt. Please don't worry and try to put it out of your mind for now (as I am trying to do this myself!)

aacesa

Nov 18, 2019
Thank you! I wonder what the ratio is of interviews:TC spaces
My guess is: 5 students per slot, 16 slots = 80 candidates interviewed.

Because CC give offers for TCs from their vacation schemes and spark schemes as well, and some people will reject their offer, I'm guessing 40-50 offers following this round of interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.