Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjeri

Distinguished Member
Jun 18, 2019
So I’ve done the Skadden phone interview. It really literally is just questions about your application (work experience etc), why Skadden, transferable skills and a recent commercial issue (I just used the one I’ve used on other apps).

Best way to prepare would probably be just to go over your app and your commercial topic. Hope that helps!

Reactions: LuLa and Helena

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Just got off the phone with Linklaters grad rec - I was successful at AC and will be on the Spring Vac Scheme! Totally unexpected as I really thought I didn't do very well at all last week
Well done!!!!
I would be so grateful for any tips and advice you might be willing to give! :)

Reactions: Camilla

LuLa

Star Member
Future Trainee
Nov 28, 2019
DLA Piper AC invite (finally)! But I have to attend the AC in their Manchester office? Has anyone else applied to London but had to go to Manchester?

Hey, yes its normal! they do AC's everywhere. I did mine in the London office but there were people applying for all the offices and I know the same goes for other offices. You will still be considered for the London internship even if you do your AC in the Manchester office :)

Reactions: JayB

Jen E C

Esteemed Member
Sep 6, 2018
Is anyone who recently completed the Mayer Brown phone interview still waiting to hear the outcome? It's been four days now, odd as other people seem to have heard the next day, regardless of whether it was a positive or negative result. I have emailed grad rec but no response so far.

AH9891

Valued Member
Jan 11, 2020
Just got off the phone with Linklaters grad rec - I was successful at AC and will be on the Spring Vac Scheme! Totally unexpected as I really thought I didn't do very well at all last week

congrats, I’m on the same scheme ☺️! Had my AC on Wednesday this week and they called me yesterday morning. So unexpected, but absolutely thrilled!

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Is anyone who recently completed the Mayer Brown phone interview still waiting to hear the outcome? It's been four days now, odd as other people seem to have heard the next day, regardless of whether it was a positive or negative result. I have emailed grad rec but no response so far.

I haven't heard post tests yet. Hopefully we hear soon!

Reactions: Jen E C

xxk97DE

Jan 24, 2020
    I was wondering if anyone has used Congrapps before and whether it is worth it? I don't want to waste any money.

Also has anyone bought WG tests online and would recommend any sites to do this from? I keep falling down at the WG stage so I think I need to buy some in order to practise.

NadineBusty

Valued Member
    Aug 21, 2019
    I was wondering if anyone has used Congrapps before and whether it is worth it? I don't want to waste any money.

Also has anyone bought WG tests online and would recommend any sites to do this from? I keep falling down at the WG stage so I think I need to buy some in order to practise.

Don't use Congrapps, it is a waste of money. Some apps are very old and the app Q have changed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.