Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
Anyone heard from King & Spalding?

"All submitted application will then be reviewed after the closing date and you should receive an update on your application by the end of February 2020. No feedback will be given prior to February 2020."

This is from the confirmation email that the application was received :)

Reactions: W

RJ24

Standard Member
Jan 27, 2020
First of all, congratulations!

As some have mentioned, I would accept DLA and then revisit your options as you receive offers from other firms. You can always choose not to attend a vac scheme and/or reshuffle them in Spring/Summer.

One thing to consider is the TC conversion rate of the schemes. Even if you prefer the US firms, they often have many more vac scheme places than avaliable TCs, sometimes upwards of 40 or 50 for less than 10 places. On the other hand, firms with large intakes like DLA generally give offers to most of their vac schemers, so DLA is a great backup if the rest of your interviews are with US firms!

Oh so is it fine to just say you will no longer be attending the vacation scheme if you get another one? How does that go down with firms considering you already accepted and changed your mind :eek:

hktr

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 10, 2019
Just got an email from Bakers that I’ve progressed to the WG stage. Link to test will be sent out on Monday. I’ve been waiting for about a month now, so just hang tight if you’re still expecting to hear from them :)

• 🤝
Reactions: M0723

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
Is this regarding Ashurst? Haha

I find it quite funny that Ashurst used to be so proud of not using any psychometric tests (I attended their Evening Presentation a year ago and I remember two partners boasting about this fact) only for them to introduce what seems to be applicants' worst nightmare :D

Well, well, well... How the turntables... *inserts gif of Michael Scott*

iamJW

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 21, 2019
Have many people heard from Shearman at all? I applied quite early on but they're non rolling, so not sure when to assume it's been too long
I am still waiting too. Last year people heard from Shearman around the middle of Feb so I would hold tight for now.

It may also depend on what scheme you applied for? I assume they are starting with Spring first.

Reactions: Samar
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.