Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 15, 2018
Just to clarify for people who applied to Hogan Lovells, the WG test is automatic. I emailed grad rec and they informed me that I passed the Watson Glaser but was unsuccessful on the basis of my application, so I think it is ok to assume that it is automatic.

If it is automatic then why would it take 3 weeks to be sent? Also, on their website it states do well at each stage and you get invited to the next round. It is therefore more reasonable to assume that they would review your application and then send tests. Then following that they probably review your app alongside your score and compare to other candidates.

If it was automatic then it would be sent straight away. Just my thought.

Honestly idk because I thought the same as you - that’s why I emailed them because I was pretty positive I didn’t fail the WG and they then said I was unsuccessful on the basis of my application (verbatim what they said).

The fact you haven’t been rejected yet is still good news though so I wouldn’t be too worried :)

Edit: They also said I had passed the Watson Glaser.

MarkLaw's understanding is correct! I just spoke to a contact at Hogan Lovells and was told that the WG test invites are sent out automatically. They changed it for this application cycle.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Roland and MarkLaw

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
Does anyone have any advice regarding this. On two apps, I added supp info. However, I copied and pasted it (cause they're the same thing..just an achievement".. however just under the paragraph.. I dont know how I missed it.. it just says " Contextual Information 1". Haaa.... do you think they'll be like "good app" but good bye based on this "Contextual Information 1 " business.... hahaha :(

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Well BCLP rejection post AC. Not really surprised. I got asked mostly strength based questions when I was told it was a competency based interview. Anyway I've asked for feedback so I can improve. At least it's a good experience :)

Talking about strength based does anyone know how to structure an answer for them?

Sorry to hear that but as you say it’s experience to build on! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you apply?

Chido

Sep 3, 2018
    I don’t post on here often but I cannot believe I have just got my first vacation scheme offer! I cannot believe it and I cannot breathe! ☺️

I cannot thank you all enough for all your help and input on this forum! Thank you Jaysen for creating such an amazing platform with so many amazing resources!

I am not going to put the firm as I know there maybe many waiting to hear back and might feel more worried. Good luck everyone!

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
    Jun 12, 2019
    I don’t post on here often but I cannot believe I have just got my first vacation scheme offer! I cannot believe it and I cannot breathe! ☺️

I cannot thank you all enough for all your help and input on this forum! Thank you Jaysen for creating such an amazing platform with so many amazing resources!

I am not going to put the firm as I know there maybe many waiting to hear back and might feel more worried. Good luck everyone!
    Enjoy it!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Chido

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    Well BCLP rejection post AC. Not really surprised. I got asked mostly strength based questions when I was told it was a competency based interview. Anyway I've asked for feedback so I can improve. At least it's a good experience :)

Talking about strength based does anyone know how to structure an answer for them?
    Sorry to hear, did you apply for direct TC?

Brandon93

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2018

Amazing , congratulations!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Chido
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.