TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

applied on sep 26th, received crs sep 30th, completed it oct 3rd :)
i dont think theyre strictly sending the tests or CRSs off in the order they receive them though - seems to be a couple days deviation for people whove applied on the same date based on this thread
Thank you for this. Can I ask when you received the Neurosight test and how long are you given to complete it?
 
TCLAWorkspace
TCLA Workspace
Prepare for each firm, in one place.Firm research, practice tests and application tracking.
Explore Workspace →
Hi everyone! I'm currently completing my DLA Piper summer internship application and noticed that the initial application form doesn't appear to ask for a breakdown of individual GCSEs, A-levels or university module grades.

For those who have already applied, did you include all your individual grades and modules on your CV, or just your overall qualifications and classifications? I'm also wondering whether there's a separate stage where this information is requested.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone received any specific CV guidance from graduate recruitment, particularly regarding the level of detail expected.

Thanks in advance!
 
Hi all! I have my first assessment day coming up next week with A&O and was wondering if anyone had any specific tips for preparing for the case study, particularly in that you get 15 minutes to present your ideas at the start of the case study and I’m unsure on how to structure that to make sure I’m covering all the right points. I’ve found the advice from the firm online to be a bit vague so any guidance would be greatly appreciated !!
 
Hi everyone! I'm currently completing my DLA Piper summer internship application and noticed that the initial application form doesn't appear to ask for a breakdown of individual GCSEs, A-levels or university module grades.

For those who have already applied, did you include all your individual grades and modules on your CV, or just your overall qualifications and classifications? I'm also wondering whether there's a separate stage where this information is requested.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone received any specific CV guidance from graduate recruitment, particularly regarding the level of detail expected.

Thanks in advance!
I think they ask those questions on the CRS survey if I remember correctly? I personally include a grade breakdown on my CV at the top; however, I don't think it's necessary.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mace2121
Hi! I'm sorry to hear that - I think we all go through a moment in the app cycle where we start feeling dejected / stressed, so you're definitely not alone. Take the time to recharge! Well done for getting the apps in - even if it didn't work out, it's just more practice, and it's still such early days. A lot of my good news emails came later in the year! Those are also all very competitive firms, and it truly is a matter of matching with one that suits you. You only need one offer.

If it's not too personal, do you see any trends / have an idea of what particular stage you're struggling with? Do you think it's written apps, CVs, work experience sections, any concerns with grades, tests, VIs, etc.? You don't have to answer here, but I always found it helpful to take a step back and think about which part was letting me down so I could work on it. I know this is difficult, as they don't tend to give feedback at early stages. But if you have any Qs, do reach out :) and best of luck with your other apps!
Hi Minhee,

thanks so much for your reply I would honestly say video interviews are a significant hurdle for me along with written apps. I’ve attempted to make it personalized as possible and follow the rule of “can you replace the name of the firm with another firm” and if you can it’s not specific enough. I think i struggle with how to structure the responses and i’m not sure what your thoughts are on AI use for applications but I have tried to use that for supporting structure not copying and pasting but how to make things flow better and such. If you had any recommendations in this regard I know you have also written responses regarding work experience sections as well and i’m keeping that in mind as a continue through this cycle. Thank you for your kind words.
 
Thank you for this. Can I ask when you received the Neurosight test and how long are you given to complete it?
I received it October 8th (they give you 5 days to complete it or you're out, sort of like what the CRS email had also said)

Think it took maybe 15 minutes max? Believe they say it takes 5 but I was reading each option carefully and ticking my boxes of traits each question (which I'd written down rather than having as a spreadsheet in another tab because they track your mouse movements). It definitely felt short since I ended it feeling like I'd been able to focus as much on the last question as I could on the first.

Hope that's useful!
 
Hi everyone! I'm currently completing my DLA Piper summer internship application and noticed that the initial application form doesn't appear to ask for a breakdown of individual GCSEs, A-levels or university module grades.

For those who have already applied, did you include all your individual grades and modules on your CV, or just your overall qualifications and classifications? I'm also wondering whether there's a separate stage where this information is requested.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone received any specific CV guidance from graduate recruitment, particularly regarding the level of detail expected.

Thanks in advance!
I used my normal CV, which is modelled after one Jaysen had shared here a while back (if you look it up, you should be able to find it).
There's an education section at the top of mine. For the degree, I put the university and course name first, then the overall classification, then just the modules I got firsts in. Under this are my GCSEs and A-levels (listed in two rows as 'GCSEs:' and 'A-levels:' with the grade in brackets next to them to save space - I put Maths, English and Science at the beginning for the GCSEs part), and my degree.

Seems to have worked at getting me to the DLA test and did me well for my paralegal applications back when I was doing those :)
 
TCLAWorkspace
TCLA Workspace
Prepare for each firm, in one place.Firm research, practice tests and application tracking.
Explore Workspace →

Find member