Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Just want to give a shout out to our commercial writers (@Rachel S, @Jiraiya, @Curtley Bale, @Alice Manners and @HH) who post regular updates in this thread if you aren't aware, I'm continually impressed by the quality of their writing and analysis. If you'd like to have the stories sent to your inbox each week, you can join our mailing list here.

ZH

Esteemed Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    Nop! Really confused as they said they were reviewing on a rolling basis but I guess I submitted mine on the last week. I think the email said we should hear back by tomorrow if I remember correctly. Good luck! :)

Yeah tomorrow! I'm really hoping theres no delay and I applied in the last week too!
    Thank youu and good luck to tou too hope its good news!

Reg

Star Member
    Nov 6, 2019
    Yeah tomorrow! I'm really hoping theres no delay and I applied in the last week too!
    Thank youu and good luck to tou too hope its good news!
    I was thinking this but I thought they would have said something given they’re quite active on social media. Ah okay that makes me feel better I was starting to worry! I hope it’s good news for you too! Fingers crossed, I’ll let you know if I hear anything before but I have a feeling it’ll be tomorrow.

Reactions: ZH

ZH

Esteemed Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    I was thinking this but I thought they would have said something given they’re quite active on social media. Ah okay that makes me feel better I was starting to worry! I hope it’s good news for you too! Fingers crossed, I’ll let you know if I hear anything before but I have a feeling it’ll be tomorrow.

Hey
    Did you receive an email from Shoosmiths?

This is part of it:
    So, we have now made the difficult decision to cancel our summer vacation placement due to take place in June.

We’re sorry you won’t be able to experience face-to-face time with Shoosmiths, but we will be arranging alternative ways to engage with our people including more #ShoosmithsLIVE videos and Q&As.

For anyone who has submitted a vacation placement application this year, please rest assured you will still be considered for our training contract vacancies. We’re closely monitoring this challenging situation and expect there to be some changes or postponement to our assessment process, which we will notify you about as soon as possible. We hope you will understand that we cannot be any clearer at this point in time given the pace of change around us, but we will be in touch as soon as plans have been confirmed

Reg

Star Member
    Nov 6, 2019
    Hey
    Did you receive an email from Shoosmiths?

This is part of it:
    So, we have now made the difficult decision to cancel our summer vacation placement due to take place in June.

We’re sorry you won’t be able to experience face-to-face time with Shoosmiths, but we will be arranging alternative ways to engage with our people including more #ShoosmithsLIVE videos and Q&As.

For anyone who has submitted a vacation placement application this year, please rest assured you will still be considered for our training contract vacancies. We’re closely monitoring this challenging situation and expect there to be some changes or postponement to our assessment process, which we will notify you about as soon as possible. We hope you will understand that we cannot be any clearer at this point in time given the pace of change around us, but we will be in touch as soon as plans have been confirmed
    I literally just saw it and was going to message you! I can’t deal with all the suspense.

ZH

Esteemed Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    I literally just saw it and was going to message you! I can’t deal with all the suspense.

Me neither!!! Re read the email several times actually lol panic speed read and then re read !!

We'll wait and see what happens but it feels so uncertain, obv because of everything that is going on

Reactions: Reg

Reg

Star Member
    Nov 6, 2019
    Me neither!!! Re read the email several times actually lol panic speed read and then re read !!

We'll wait and see what happens but it feels so uncertain, obv because of everything that is going on
    Me too! I did wonder whether it would come to that. Have you applied to other firms?

Reg

Star Member
    Nov 6, 2019
    Yeah I have, I received a bunch of my rejections in Feb and then took a break from it all.
    What about you?
    No I literally just did Shoos and was starting to apply to one that closed its applications early. I’m just not sure whether to apply to more with all this uncertainty, I feel like the process is nerve wracking as it is. :(
    Sorry to hear about the rejections, hopefully you’ll get some good news soon!

• 🤝

ZH

Esteemed Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    No I literally just did Shoos and was starting to apply to one that closed its applications early. I’m just not sure whether to apply to more with all this uncertainty, I feel like the process is nerve wracking as it is. :(
    Sorry to hear about the rejections, hopefully you’ll get some good news soon!

I think it might be worth applying for direct TC applications given the situation. Since we are all going through everything together, you wont be at a disadvantage!

Maybe if you have time and some energy find some apps you want to submit so you dont wait a whole cycle of not submitting - just my thoughts :)

Thank you! The process itself teaches you a lot!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.