Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
How would you answer the question - "Tell me about a time your organisational skills let you down"
it is a competency question so you need to draw on your own experience and talk about a time when you perhaps nearly missed a deadline or something like that because your organisation skills missed the mark. You just need to cast your mind back and consider when poor organisation might have hindered you or a task or a group project.

Andre

Valued Member
Jan 30, 2020
it is a competency question so you need to draw on your own experience and talk about a time when you perhaps nearly missed a deadline or something like that because your organisation skills missed the mark. You just need to cast your mind back and consider when poor organisation might have hindered you or a task or a group project.
That is helpful - I am a bit unsure of how to prep for Dentons TI...

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    One thing I need to stress to everyone is firms do not all have the same policies/processes/approaches etc.

Anytime someone asks me how a specific firm will respond to a specific situation, I can’t answer that question. If you want that answer, you should speak to the firm directly.

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    Hi Jes
    One thing I need to stress to everyone is firms do not all have the same policies/processes/approaches etc.

Anytime someone asks me how a specific firm will respond to a specific situation, I can’t answer that question. If you want that answer, you should speak to the firm directly.
    Hi Jessica, it does seem some firms have not been entirely clear on what the next steps are (understandably so) and when emailing or calling to ask for an update, some do not respond.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Jes

Hi Jessica, it does seem some firms have not been entirely clear on what the next steps are (understandably so) and when emailing or calling to ask for an update, some do not respond.

not surprised to hear this at all.

1) with what’s going on, they don’t necessarily know themselves what the next steps are

2) I need to be frank and honest with you - they have bigger priorities right now that updating applicants. They are dealing with people who are due to qualify, they are dealing with concerned future trainees not sure what’s happening with the GDL/LPC. They are dealing with checking in with their current trainees much more frequently.

And this could all be when their own team is sick/ or their family are sick/or they have additional caring responsibilities. Even if they have got the answers, they may not have the man power to get back to you as they would normally like.

I get not hearing anything causes anxiety, but in the grand scheme of things unfortunately this is not important right now.

D95

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 17, 2019
    Within the space of one hour I received emails from two law firms that they are putting their trainee recruitment on hold for now.

I fully appreciate that these are strange times that we are living in and that these particular firms were more niche but all the same it is a bit sad for me after having invested my time in applications + also going through the first stage interview in one of them (well, the sliver lining is that they are going to keep my details on their files for when they resume recruitment).

This just adds to my spring VS being cancelled altogether and "further information to follow" so I guess here's that....I think I am going to treat myself to some comfort food + Bridget Jones tonight :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Within the space of one hour I received emails from two law firms that they are putting their trainee recruitment on hold for now.

I fully appreciate that these are strange times that we are living in and that these particular firms were more niche but all the same it is a bit sad for me after having invested my time in applications + also going through the first stage interview in one of them (well, the sliver lining is that they are going to keep my details on their files for when they resume recruitment).

This just adds to my spring VS being cancelled altogether and "further information to follow" so I guess here's that....I think I am going to treat myself to some comfort food + Bridget Jones tonight :)
    I know it is massively disappointing but what I would say is saying it is 'on hold' is actually still relatively vague phrasing in my opinion. I guess they have left it relatively open-ended so they can decide what is best to do when things become more certain. Perhaps that is just the way I have read it but I wouldn't lose faith just yet :)

Your Friday night sounds fantastic though - definitely do treat yourself to a night off to relax :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: D95

D95

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 17, 2019
    I know it is massively disappointing but what I would say is saying it is 'on hold' is actually still relatively vague phrasing in my opinion. I guess they have left it relatively open-ended so they can decide what is best to do when things become more certain. Perhaps that is just the way I have read it but I wouldn't lose faith just yet :)

Your Friday night sounds fantastic though - definitely do treat yourself to a night off to relax :)

Yeah, that's my reading of it as well - hopefully they will resume recruitment in summer / autumn - I have been waiting for my TC for some time now so I guess a few months would not make that much of a difference, it's just that both emails came within one hour and so slight disappointment appeared :)

Reactions: Alice G
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.