Stephenson Harwood Application question

anulciak7

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Hi! Has anyone already submitted their application or is working on it now, and could perhaps help me with this question (under Careers Choice section):
"Are there any particular matters which you wish to raise if invited to interview? Word count (max. 150 words)"
What are they asking for here? I am quite struggling to figure out, thank you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! Has anyone already submitted their application or is working on it now, and could perhaps help me with this question (under Careers Choice section):
"Are there any particular matters which you wish to raise if invited to interview? Word count (max. 150 words)"

They just want to prepare the interviewers for any questions you may have about the firm/the opportunity.

• 🤝
Reactions: anulciak7

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I would be inclined to check with grad rec just in case, whether that means calling or emailing them for clarity as this is not standard in application forms. @Jessica Booker seems to have suggested the more logical reason and perhaps they want to gauge what matters to you and drives you through this section so you could suggest to grad rec if indeed it is a place to put your questions and queries and see what they say maybe :)

• 🤝

KayM.

Sep 11, 2019
I included a topic on their charity initiatives but it didn't come up in the interview and I didn't raise it either and was progressed, Regardless, it'd be good to also check with them.

• 🤝

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.