Do firms provide feedback on the watson glaser test or give out results of the test? I'm particularly asking for Freshfields as I know Linklaters sends you the report if you ask them to. Thanks!
Freshfields doesn’t
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Do firms provide feedback on the watson glaser test or give out results of the test? I'm particularly asking for Freshfields as I know Linklaters sends you the report if you ask them to. Thanks!
I only did exams in first and third year and graduated last year.Assuming your third year was this year, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
Obviously depends what your second year grades are like too though.
I only did exams in first and third year and graduated last year.
Like mock exams? I see.If you are at Oxford, you’ll still be expected to provide any informal assessment grades (eg mods) taken in your second year.
For someone like yourself, it may also be important to do so.
Like mock exams? I see.
I did have mitigating circumstances in third year but I'm conscious that I might come across as making excuses in applications.
Email from Akin Gump:
Thank you for your application for a training contract at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld.
Due to the success of our 2020 Vacation Scheme we are no longer able to offer interviews for our 2022 training contract. However, if you are still interested in joining us, please submit a new application in October when the system opens again.
For those who apply direct to US firms, this response is worth noting. Most of these firms do recruit exclusively from their VS, even though they accept direct applicants. I think getting a TC direct is more the exception rather than the rule.
Sorry to those who put the effort in! At least you have a good base for next years app![]()
It's frustrating that some firms don't update their website indicating they're no longer accepting training contract applications (rather than waiting after the application to tell a candidate). Can be a big opportunity cost for candidates.
For the more niche American firms, I think it's well worth emailing first to see if they're still considering direct training contract applications, even if they don't indicate otherwise on the website.
I believe there are some (particularly U.S.) firms that technically accept direct TC applications even though they don’t recruit anyone via this route or haven’t done so for a number of years. This is rarely made explicit though.For those who apply direct to US firms, this response is worth noting. Most of these firms do recruit exclusively from their VS, even though they accept direct applicants. I think getting a TC direct is more the exception rather than the rule.
Sorry to those who put the effort in! At least you have a good base for next years app![]()
Sorry to hear this. I know how you feel, I wonder if my day will ever come as well. Please don’t get too upset and just remember you will achieve your goals!! Good luck with all your other applicationsRejection from Addleshaw Goddard, with a side of 5 mins of tears and wondering whether I'll ever crack this TC thingI had to log into their portal and check the correspondence for an update, as I haven't been getting their emails directly (I know others on here have had the same issue).
I'm so sorry to hear this. Stick at it. I haven't heard back from AG yet, but your post reminded me to check their portal so thanks for posting. Hope you're ok.Rejection from Addleshaw Goddard, with a side of 5 mins of tears and wondering whether I'll ever crack this TC thingI had to log into their portal and check the correspondence for an update, as I haven't been getting their emails directly (I know others on here have had the same issue).
For those who have been accepted onto Aspire, have you heard back re the next steps? Thank you![]()